mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Very usful if possible?"

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 02:47 PM
Chopin123
Total Posts:  232
Joined  01-29-2013

Hi
If Im playing for instance violin on motif and right hand has a melody and left hand Is playing accompaniment (so left hand is in lower range , that’s to low for violin) ,after I record this way can I send left hand part to second track and give it to viola or contrabass ? And it would be synchronized with right hand?
That would be very convenient as it takes longer time to record right hand separately for violin and contrabass .im a piano player so many things come quickly in my fingers and sounds very good all this just on strings ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 02:50 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

If you mean after you record it to MIDI from SONG or PATTERN Mode, certainly you can switch the instrument later.  You don’t have to use a second track.  Yes, it will be in sync...nothing changes in the recording except the instrument, if that is all you wish to change.  However, if you want to separate the left hand part from the right hand part and assign different instruments to each, then you need to do that up front.

You have the option of doing a keyboard split and bringing the left part of the keyboard up an octave or two.  This gives you (2) violins in-range at the same time.

If you want to use a second track, doing it up front would make sense.  You are recording to the sequencer from SONG or PATTERN Mode, right?  Simple place the individual PARTS on (2) separate tracks.

Hopefully I am understanding what you wish to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 03:25 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Chopin123 - 21 October 2014 02:47 PM

Hi
If Im playing for instance violin on motif and right hand has a melody and left hand Is playing accompaniment (so left hand is in lower range , that’s to low for violin) ,after I record this way can I send left hand part to second track and give it to viola or contrabass ? And it would be synchronized with right hand?

If you’ve already recorded everything on a single Track, you could copy that Track to a second one, change the second Part to whatever Voice you want, and use Note Limit for each Part to determine which notes will play where. Sync should be OK.

Chopin123 -

That would be very convenient as it takes longer time to record right hand separately for violin and contrabass .im a piano player so many things come quickly in my fingers and sounds very good all this just on strings ?

How good it will sound, you’ll have to decide for yourself - often the playing technique used with one Voice doesn’t work as well with another.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 05:33 PM
Chopin123
Joined  01-29-2013

Seems like both option could work , Deciding the keyboard or copying to second track and deleted the right hand.....you mentioned note limitation ,you mean deleting the not wanted notes of right hand or how does it work?
The main purpose why I want to do it is that Id like to have layout of each instrument for for scoring , so I could give the notes to different musisians for all the instruments and everything will work, it all has to make sense , so I don’t give them mishmash that sounds only good on my synthesizer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 05:34 PM
Chopin123
Joined  01-29-2013

Correction , dividing keyboard .....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 05:57 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Chopin123 - 21 October 2014 05:33 PM

[...]The main purpose why I want to do it is that Id like to have layout of each instrument for for scoring , so I could give the notes to different musisians for all the instruments and everything will work, it all has to make sense , so I don’t give them mishmash that sounds only good on my synthesizer.

In that case, I’d suggest a separately recorded Track for each musician’s part.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 05:59 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Chopin123 - 21 October 2014 05:34 PM

Correction , dividing keyboard .....

Did you now that you can edit your posts, by clicking on [Edit]?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 06:16 PM
Chopin123
Joined  01-29-2013

Didn’t know I could edit my post.
That’s what I thought is best for clarity of score to record each part on separate track but that doesn’t solve my problem ,because the way I compose is always based on spontanies playing and I have to do it otherwise it’s sounds boring and predictable. So in violins mode I play left hand accompaniment and right hand melody , once I cought something good it’s recorded in one track, so now I’d have to go back and check what cords I pkayed, how long , when I chemged to another cord and very often it is not the same interval and can’t even see the scoring on motif, so that’s takes forever .......playing back listening and counting everything.......
After all you compose on motif like piano player , so it would be soooooooo usful to be able take that left hand part ,drop it into second track and play the same way as two tracks.........if this is not possible then yamaha should definitely work on that.....I think lots of musisians would love that possibility......

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 07:16 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Chopin123 - 21 October 2014 06:16 PM

...After all you compose on motif like piano player , so it would be soooooooo usful to be able take that left hand part ,drop it into second track and play the same way as two tracks.........if this is not possible then yamaha should definitely work on that.....I think lots of musisians would love that possibility......

This is already possible.

You probably already have the pieces to put this puzzle together.

Refresh your memory with This Thread.

Among other important information, it references This Article.

Give this a try:

1) Set up a PERFORMANCE with a split keyboard using appropriate Note-Limits to keep each PART separate...PART (1) plays the left hand, PART (2) plays the right hand.  Each part could be a violin (octave adjusted as mentioned above in the left hand), or whatever instrumentation you want.

2) Compose away as a “piano player”.  When you have developed what you want as a composition:

3) Record from PERFORMANCE MODE to a SONG in the Sequencer following This simple online video tutorial.

4) You will now have a two-track recording that you did in real-time, and each track (or PART) can now be manipulated as far as instrument assignments, or hundreds of other parameters.

So, now you have (2) ways to work:  You can either move a PERFORMANCE into a SONG or PATTERN MIXING as outlined in the article above or....

If you truly want to play and record (2) PARTS simultaneously that go to two separate tracks, follow the outline above...together with the Direct PERFORMANCE Recording video.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2014 @ 07:41 PM
Chopin123
Joined  01-29-2013

Awesome! I’ll try that ....

[ Ignore ]