mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "User Voice Elements Song/Mixing Mode"

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 01:32 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi,

I know this has been covered before in previous threads. If someone could point me in the right direction, or briefly explain a solution that would be great. Basically I have a user voice I saved, that when pulled up in song/mixing mode is missing some of the elements/oscillators. It’s a basic sawtooth patch, and it sounds like one or two of the oscillators are not playing. It is not the insertion affects and adjusting cut off/ resonance/ attack/delay does not address the problem. It is definitely missing an element or two.

To be clear, I am creating the user voice in voice mode, then opening the voice in song mode to create a multi-timbral set-up with different midi channels assigned, and then using master mode to access different sounds individually or simultaneously, or from another keyboard.

Thanks,
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 01:58 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

What are the Waveforms that the “missing” Elements use?

Are you using “Parameter with Voice”? See page 114 of the MOX Reference Manual. Be sure to select (or reselect) the Voice after PwithVce is turned on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 02:37 PM
benj00
Joined  06-03-2011

I did try the parameter with voice, just turned it on again and reselected the voice, no change.

I am not sure which specific elements of the voice are actually missing. When I created the user voice I basically just tweaked an existing sound. I didn’t actually mess with the waveforms.

I can try to list the parameters that I see in the edit window when I enter the sets 1/2 or sets 3/4 or sets 5/6 sub menus.

The only alternative I can think of is that the oscillators are detuned and those settings are not being carried over from the user voice. However I do have some experience with subtractive synthesis and it sounds like there are less oscillator(s)going.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 03:19 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’ve already stated that it’s not the insertion effects, and I presume it’s not caused by missing/incorrect Arps, since that would likely be obvious. A truly “missing” Element/oscillator wouldn’t be expected.

I don’t have a MOX, but I have both a Motif XS and XF, and they have the Preset Voices that are found in the MOX. Since you “tweaked an existing sound”, do you remember which one and approximately what you did? If so, I could look at the Voice and try to determine what might be happening.

Does the same thing happen if you use the original/un-tweaked sound?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2014 @ 03:54 PM
benj00
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I took another basic sawtooth voice and tweaked it and was able to insert it into song mode with no problem. I’m guessing my issue had something to do with the specific user voice I created. I think my confusion lies with knowing what to change in the user voice setting, what to change in song mode, and what to change in master mode and have these settings work together. I will dig into the reference manual and this forum and see what I come up with.

Thanks,
Ben

[ Ignore ]