mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Storing keyfax libraries to flash card"

Posted on: October 13, 2014 @ 04:43 PM
grumpyoletroll
Total Posts:  16
Joined  03-13-2014

I have quite a few libraries I purchased through keyfax. Is there a way to store all of the sounds or performances onto my flash card in my moxf8 so all sounds are loaded? I’d assume i have to keep saving as all files with sample? And keep doing this until each library is on there?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2014 @ 05:20 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
grumpyoletroll - 13 October 2014 04:43 PM

I have quite a few libraries I purchased through keyfax. Is there a way to store all of the sounds or performances onto my flash card in my moxf8 so all sounds are loaded? I’d assume i have to keep saving as all files with sample? And keep doing this until each library is on there?

No, that’s not quite how it works.

SAMPLE data (Audio Samples + Waveforms) are STORED on your Flash Board.  That’s it, nothing else.

VOICES, PERFORMANCES, SONGS, PATTERNS, etc. are STORED in the USER memory of the machine...NOT on the Flash Board.

Any Libraries you have purchased that have NEW Sample data can be LOADED with the SAMPLE data going to the Flash Board and all other data (as noted above) going to the USER memory.

Any Libraries you have purchased that use NATIVE Samples (the ones that came with the machine) will be LOADED entirely to USER memory locations...NOTHING will be LOADED to the Flash Board.

SAMPLE data need only be LOADED to the Flash Board once, and ALL files can subsequently be moved in or out of the machine at will, without re-LOADING the Sample Data.

So...you can LOAD Sample data to the Flash Board up to the allowable limits...depending on the size of the Flash you purchased...at any time.

And...you can LOAD VOICES etc. to USER locations up to the available number of locations in the machine...at any time.

I have a feeling this is what you were intending to do, but when you talk about ..."a way to store all of the sounds or performances onto my flash card”...then it seems a little further explanation is needed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2014 @ 05:50 PM
grumpyoletroll
Total Posts:  16
Joined  03-13-2014

Thank you so much. Bummer. I have bees knees,vintage keys, 80’s volumes 1 & 2. Would really like to be able to load all of those sounds without having to load and overwrite everything each time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 13, 2014 @ 07:02 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
grumpyoletroll - 13 October 2014 05:50 PM

[...]I have bees knees,vintage keys, 80’s volumes 1 & 2. Would really like to be able to load all of those sounds without having to load and overwrite everything each time.

While you can’t have all of the sounds from those libraries loaded at one time, you can certainly have the majority of them.

I looked at the description of each of the libraries in the Motifator Shop.
Here’s what I found:
B’s Knees has 128 Voices, eight Performances, no Samples
Vintage Keys has 128 Voices, Performances not given, no Samples
80’s Pop/Rock Vol.1 has 128 Voices, no Performances, no Samples
80’s Pop/Rock Vol.2 has  84 Voices, no Performances, no Samples

The Shop descriptions indicate that the Voices from each library load to User 3. However, that doesn’t mean you have to accept that default bank location. You could redirect loading of banks, or individual Voices, to whatever location you choose.

The MOXF has 3 User Voice banks of 128 locations, and 2 User Performance banks of 128 locations. That would allow for three of the four libraries you mentioned to be loaded simultaneously. If you don’t need every one of the Voices in all of the libraries, you might be able to have all the Voices you do need loaded at once. Alternatively, you could change out one bank (library) at a time, leaving the others intact. Another possibility would be to create multiple “All” files, so that you could load any three of the four libraries at once, depending on which file was loaded.

By the way, since these libraries have no Samples, the flash module isn’t used with any of them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 04:24 PM
crkwells
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-30-2014

How do you direct the different libraries to different user banks? They keep being put in User bank 4, overwriting the other library. I can’t figure out how to load it to a different bank. My understanding is that user banks 2-4 do not contain unique preset voices so they can be overwritten. But when I get to the menu to load, I can’t select which bank to load it to. I chose 1 bank voice in Type and select USR 2 or 3, the SF2 (load) button does nothing. What am I doing wrong? I need step by step instructions because I am clueless. Your help would be much appreciated because I’d like to keep my hair and not take a big hammer to the thing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 04, 2018 @ 04:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
crkwells - 04 November 2018 04:24 PM

How do you direct the different libraries to different user banks? They keep being put in User bank 4, overwriting the other library. I can’t figure out how to load it to a different bank. My understanding is that user banks 2-4 do not contain unique preset voices so they can be overwritten. But when I get to the menu to load, I can’t select which bank to load it to. I chose 1 bank voice in Type and select USR 2 or 3, the SF2 (load) button does nothing. What am I doing wrong? I need step by step instructions because I am clueless. Your help would be much appreciated because I’d like to keep my hair and not take a big hammer to the thing.

Your member profile indicates that you own a Motif XF, not a MOXF. The operational procedures can be somewhat different between the two models, so I’d prefer responding in the XF forum. I replied to your message in that forum:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/480756/

[ Ignore ]