mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Inserting OMNI OFF and Song Ending arps"

Posted on: October 11, 2014 @ 09:02 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I want to create some “all purpose” song endings and don’t want to have to waste an Arp slot with a “silent” arpeggio.

I read in an older thread the suggestion of inserting CC 124 at the end of an Arpeggio so that the arp stops after one (and only one) play thru (for obvious reasons). Wasn’t sure, but I assume that method would require taking that arp to the sequencer, inserting the CC event and then turn the Arp into a User Arp? Am I stating that correctly?

In which case, if I’d like to use a Preset arp within the MOX, how do I record that to a specific Song track?

Also, where (if so) are the Drum arps to be used as Endings or Buttons on the MOX? I think they have an E designation, but I don’t see any in the usual (Rock, R&B;, Jazz) categories.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2014 @ 02:37 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

If you want a custom ending then you have to create your own pattern then convert it into arp with midi off note. Otherwise you just need pedal switch to turn it on/off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 01:24 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

I created a couple general drum endings, but if I forget to hit the Arp Button they repeat.  Is there any way to add the Omni OFF message AFTER it’s already become a USer Arp or do I have to re-do them from scratch? 

If there is a Preset Arp I like, how would I transfer it to a Pattern and add additional notes and MIDI events?  Always only played my own drums, but the Preset fills and riffs are so much better, I need to rethink.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 03:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 18 October 2014 01:24 PM

I created a couple general drum endings, but if I forget to hit the Arp Button they repeat.  Is there any way to add the Omni OFF message AFTER it’s already become a USer Arp or do I have to re-do them from scratch? 

If there is a Preset Arp I like, how would I transfer it to a Pattern and add additional notes and MIDI events?  Always only played my own drums, but the Preset fills and riffs are so much better, I need to rethink.

Have you seen this article?…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/recording_drums_to_the_mox_pattern_mode

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2014 @ 07:32 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

Thank you. I will dig into that a little more.

[ Ignore ]