mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS - Create a Double Leslie effect"

Posted on: October 08, 2014 @ 02:27 PM
jammer01
Total Posts:  6
Joined  06-16-2013

Has anyone been able to create a usable Double Leslie effect?  I made a few feeble attempts and have not gotten anything I would really use.

I have created some on another keyboard type and it really helps out the organ patches.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2014 @ 02:54 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jammer01 - 08 October 2014 02:27 PM

Has anyone been able to create a usable Double Leslie effect?  I made a few feeble attempts and have not gotten anything I would really use.

I have created some on another keyboard type and it really helps out the organ patches.

Have you considered getting some organ VOICES that use double rotary effects already?  That’s what K-sounds Organimation does.

I purchased it, and recommend it.

You can find discussion of the K-sounds approach to the extra-thick Leslie in This Thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2014 @ 05:45 PM
jammer01
Joined  06-16-2013

Thanks for the reply.  I figured there would be some discussion around this topic but could not find anything.  The thread pretty much answered my questions.  I do not have the Organimation library and sounds like I need to pick that one up to see how their double leslies work. As the thread indicated, I had to borrow from another effect and then lost character.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2014 @ 07:03 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

What exactly do you mean by ‘double’ Leslie? Do you mean just the basic two speaker system ‘in’ a Leslie cabinet or actually two Leslies?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2014 @ 04:34 PM
jammer01
Joined  06-16-2013

Two leslies or in essence, two rotary effects instead of just the one.  I have heard/seen this on other keyboard models and it has a fuller leslie sim.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2014 @ 07:07 AM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008
jammer01 - 10 October 2014 04:34 PM

Two leslies or in essence, two rotary effects instead of just the one.  I have heard/seen this on other keyboard models and it has a fuller leslie sim.

Just an idea but could you introduce the effect called ‘panning delay’ which will alternate between the 2 stereo channels?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2014 @ 03:19 PM
jammer01
Joined  06-16-2013

I went ahead and purchased the KSounds Organimation bank based on the recommendation above.  The problem I had in trying to create two rotary leslies was that I lost the distortion effect I wanted due to the number of effects limitations.  In the Organimation bank, he sets up two rotary leslies and then uses the Master Effect section to introduce the distortion effect (had not thought about the Master Effect idea).  Overall this creates a bit fuller leslie and also just enough distortion to give it some bite.  This is closer to what I was hoping to do.  This was well worth the purchase for me.

The double leslie effect with the distortion is better than what I had come up with but not quite as dramatic or full as I have done on my Kurz PC3K organs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2014 @ 04:03 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jammer01 - 15 October 2014 03:19 PM

...The double leslie effect with the distortion is better than what I had come up with but not quite as dramatic or full as I have done on my Kurz PC3K organs.

I’m not sure if you have had a chance to experiment with the AS 1/2 knobs yet, but they have a lot of power to add Drama and Fullness.  On most VOICES they are set kind of midway, with a lot of headroom to make a very dramatic rotary adjustment.

From the Organimation User’s Manual, a couple of excerpts:

Voice Mode

In Voice mode, Organimation XS offers “solo voices” and “component voices.” The first 68 voices are solo voices, designed for independent use in performance or recording. Simply select a voice and play, using real-time controls as needed. In addition to the controls specified in the voice names, you can use the AS1 and AS2 knobs to adjust the character of the low and high rotors, respectively. Offsets made with these knobs can be saved with each voice.

and:

General Real Time Controls

Mod Wheel – Rotary speed. Down position is slow (chorale). Up position is fast (tremolo). This control
applies to all sounds.

Assign 1 Knob – Low rotor drive. Applies to most sounds. This influences the depth, timbre, and thickness of the low rotor. Adjustments you make with this knob may be saved with each performance.

Assign 2 Knob – Horn (upper rotor) drive. Applies to most sounds. This influences the depth, timbre, and thickness of the horn. Adjustments you make with this knob may be saved with each performance.

AF1 Switch – Activates percussion on select sounds.

AF2 Switch – Activates chorus on select sounds. Increases overdrive gain on other select sounds.

Master Effect Switch – Activates overdrive in Voice mode and for most organs in Master and Performance modes.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS Firewire card missing on Mac - SOLVED :)
Next Topic:

Vel? ››