mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase"

Posted on: October 04, 2014 @ 12:01 PM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Looking for some help…

I recently bought Cubase 7.5, I’ve been using other programs for some time, I used to use SX3 a lot.

So I’m going along learning the program but then I’m having weird stuff happen in the console. The area above the sliders has things like EQ, sends, inserts, etc. I think you’re supposed to click on them then they would expand and you could see the slots or knobs etc.

Doesn’t work for me, I click them and nothing happens, they don’t open up. It did when I first started but not now.
Also I tried to start the program holding down Shift/Ctrl/Alt to start in safe mode but that didn’t work…

Also downloaded and installed the latest upgrade.

I tried the cubase forum but not getting anything there.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2014 @ 05:00 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

You should certainly try to post on Steinberg’s own forum with a question like this. This forum is really focused on how Cubase works with Motif and although you may - hopefully! - find someone who can help…

It certainly sounds like the program is not running properly (are you in any way pushed for space/memory) or else you may have inadvertently disabled a feature/functionality.

Good luck!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2014 @ 04:30 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

The Mix Console is one of the more complex sections of Cubase to master, so since you are just learning, don’t panic at the first sign of trouble. Unless you’ve done something you shouldn’t have, there’s no reason to start booting up in safe mode etc. Based on what you are saying, you could easily have hit the wrong button, or something messed up Preferences perhaps. In any case, have you by chance watched the Steinberg videos showing all the features of the mixer, and how to set it up the way you wish? They are available on YouTube and via The Hub. You could also check out threads like this one and what is referenced there.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=29837&sid=3fe663889f7984994ae26f6ed7cafd31

If things were working previously, hopefully they still are, and it’s just a matter of choosing options to set things back to where you want them..............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 05, 2014 @ 05:49 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

@Tacman7

Another great resource area is Steinberg Software’s
Youtube Channel.
and also
Steinberg Knowledge Base

Last, for when the exceptionally bad problem occurs,
Steinberg User Support Request

Your profile on motifator doesn’t state mac or pc platform.
If you use the last option above they will need to also know.
I’ve used them, they’re very welcoming to issues of a serious nature… computer crashing, etc.
I also learned a great deal using their youtube channel. Try that search box.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Which windows ?
Next Topic:

No sound from Yamaha S90XS ››