mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "playing a GM/XG midi file back in the MO8"

Posted on: October 03, 2014 @ 07:53 AM
ememej
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-16-2012

hi,
as the title suggests im having trouble getting the play back to sound correct when playing back a GM/XG file.

I’ve followed the manuals’ steps to get the file into the MO’s sequencer ok - and i knew the tracks instruments would need to be tweaked as they all default to preset1 AP(acoustic piano) - however when I’ve reassigned different sounds per track all tracks default back to GM sounds.

I think its obviously stored the sysex that tells its a GM file - so i think i need to remove this information. Where or how can i strip this info that tells the MO to assign all tracks to GM??

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2014 @ 01:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I don’t usually “visit” the MO6/MO8 forum, and I just saw your post. The file likely has a GM Reset message. This support article explains what it is:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/a_short_tutorial_creating_proper_gm_files

You should be able to remove the SysEx by editing the sequence via the Event List. You may have to remove Bank Select and Program Change messages as well. See pages 90-91 of the MO6/MO8 Owner’s Manual for details.

I hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 14, 2014 @ 03:52 AM
ememej
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-16-2012

Thanks, 5pinDIN

Tried to find a way myself but having had a quick read of the info in the link i would never have guessed how to get it working - its not a case of not enough information; sometimes there’s just too much of it to wade through (i.e. the manual!). This article is just what i needed

Cheers again.

Ant
UK, MO8’ated for life.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Surely the MO8 sounds better than this??
Next Topic:

MOX 6 has high pitched hum via USB ››