mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Vocal recording with MOX"

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 08:14 AM
Dakidizzle
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-02-2012

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to hear effects like reverb and delay during recording but only record the dry signal into cubase?

If this is possible can someone explain how i should route these signals

many thanks in advance

Daki

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 10:52 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Sure.

It’s all about how you monitor your signal.

Like if you use direct monitoring on your interface then you only have the option of whatever fx they provide.

But if you monitor through cubase (hit monitor button on track) then you will hear whatever inserts are on that track/bus but it will record dry.

Your system would need to be low latency or it will too hard to work with the delay.

You can change your latency for different purposes, so like for tracking only run the bare essentials and set the latency low then for mixing with lots of plugins raise it up for it won’t choke.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 11:00 AM
Dakidizzle
Joined  01-02-2012

@tacman7

thanks for the reply
The latency is the exact reason why i dont want to use cubase and its inserts to monitor while recording.
i didnt state it when opening the thread but i was hoping you could use the awesome VCM stuff on your MOX as a direct monitor thing. but having a dry signal recorded.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 11:36 AM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013
Dakidizzle - 01 October 2014 11:00 AM

i didnt state it when opening the thread but i was hoping you could use the awesome VCM stuff on your MOX as a direct monitor thing. but having a dry signal recorded.

You want to record your vocals (A/D INPUT) using USB1/2 or USB3/4, hear the FX whilst you sing, but NOT have those FX routed through USB1/2 or USB3/4 as well.  Cubase just records a dry, uneffected vocal as a result.

You hear all of the sound through the L+R analogue outputs, but your MOX should be outputting a dry vocal via USB, basically?

This must be as ‘simple’ as digging around in the routing parameters in UTILITY and USBI/O… and either NOT routing FX to USB or perhaps splitting them up and routing your vocals to USB1/2 and FX to USB3/4 (if they can’t be totally separated) and recording them on two different tracks.

You’ll still hear your fx nicely whilst you record, but they will be routed away from your vocals.  You can delete the audio from USB3/4 on the second track afterwards.

It could also be about using INSERTION FX and not SYSTEM FX

I am nowhere near my gear, so I’m of very little help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 01:07 PM
Dakidizzle
Joined  01-02-2012

@philwoodmusic

you hit the nail on the head thats the thing i need. been trying to find no luck so far :(

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Change Song from Logic MOX
Next Topic:

MOX8 and Protools 11 "Does not support 48khz" ››