mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A/C Drop or Surge or ???"

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 02:26 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I live in Central America (Belize) and have to deal with A/C that is not reliable. Or is being supplied by generators. The country-wide “grid” goes down often, full black out. And also many “brown-outs”—where the power is diminished, lights dim or flicker, etc. 

Had some problems tonight on a gig, MOX suddenly got real quiet, and the LED dimmed. My other equipment seemed fine, and I didn’t notice the other light fixtures or anything dimming, just the MOX freaking. First time I’ve experienced this after many many gigs, but it spooked me, cause getting anything repaired here is next to impossible. (Actually, not even next to, IS impossible.) Some other weird things happened which I wonder if they were mere coincidence. When I was in Master Mode for a specific selection the volume was really low, I hit Performance and it was suddenly 12db higher. I thought at first it might be cause I’m using a Foot Controller Pedal (a whole other issue for another thread) but I’m wondering if all this odd behavior is indicative of a power supply or voltage dip/surge.

When I got home after the gig I started the MOX up again to see if it was doing the same stuff and couldn’t reproduce it. So (knock on wood) I’m thinking it was just bad electrical at the venue, not something damaged in MOX. Still, I want to take precautions. Do I need surge suppressor or voltage regulator or what? (I also have a lot of hum, but frankly I’m just happy to have power.)

Sorry for the rambling. I just wanted to get some feedback ASAP. Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 09:34 AM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

I had something similar happen when I failed to get one of my foot pedals fully plugged in. It’s usually something external causing the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sequencer Memory Full
Next Topic:

Foot Controller for Volume ››