mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master mode for Live performance"

Posted on: September 28, 2014 @ 07:24 PM
davidtre
Total Posts:  80
Joined  06-18-2011

I need to change voices/performances quickly for liver performance. I was able to use Master Mode to assign voices/performances to Master.However when I get the new voice/performance assigned to a spot in Master, it seems to retain the “old” name ( but plays the new assigned sound)of what was in that Master space before. Am I doing something wrong. Do I have to rename everything I assign to Master, or is there a way to do it more efficiently, and keep the name of the voice/performance I assigned to that Master spot?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2014 @ 08:20 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I don’t own a MOXF, so I can only reply based on my knowledge of the XF and what I’ve read in the MOXF manuals and support articles.

In Master Edit mode, the XF has button [F6] labeled “Get Name”, and it does what you’re asking about. I’ve found nothing in the MOXF manuals to indicate that it has a similar function, but in this MOXF support article it says:
• Press [F6] GET NAME (if you wish to capture the name of the associated program). Handy.

By the way, you should probably initialize each Master you’re creating, to prevent it inheriting unanticipated things from the previous one at the location. See the article for details.

EDIT: It seems you asked this question before, and Bad_Mister replied, specifically referring you to [F6] GET NAME. Does this not exist? See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470667/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2014 @ 10:41 PM
davidtre
Total Posts:  80
Joined  06-18-2011

I forgot I had gotten answer before, will try it.  I just have not used MOXF for past few months. Will try that F6.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pattern Split
Next Topic:

using a expression pedal ››