mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Having trouble recording MIDI from MOTIFXS8 to Logic Pro 9"

Posted on: September 24, 2014 @ 02:47 PM
readywriter
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-24-2014

I have a project with pre-recorded tracks and I want to add a track playing live from my MOTIFXS8 to an external MIDI track in Logic. But when I do so, I get part way into the recording and then the note sticks. I think maybe I’m getting a MIDI loop that’s overloading? I have no problem recording audio live from the MOXS to Logic Pro.

My setup:

LogicPro 9.1.8 running on iMac 2.8Gz Intel Core i5 w/ OS X 10.8.5 and 12GB DDR
Yamaha Motif XS8 connected to mac via USB “To Host”
Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver version 1.6.0, Firmware version IEEE 1394 V1.07
Motif audio in to MBox Pro; MBox Pro to mac via firewire

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 24, 2014 @ 11:25 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Can you explain your problem a little more clearly? No one has replied yet and maybe that’s because, like me, they are going .....Huh? Just explain a little better what you are trying to and what’s not working?

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2014 @ 12:13 AM
readywriter
Joined  09-24-2014

Sorry, I’m not very well-versed on the tech side of music so let me restate the issue.

I’m trying to record from my MotifXS8 into my DAW Logic Pro 9 project on a track set up as external MIDI (not audio or software instrument). When I do so, it starts out OK, adding MIDI notes to the track while I"m playing but then part way in, it gets stuck and stops recording. One of the notes hangs up and the thing starts going a little crazy. I’m assuming it’s a CPU issue, but most likely has something to do with the way my Motif is configured to interact with Logic.

I have the Motif set to “with PC”. I am using a USB to connect the Motif to my mac. The analog audio L/R outputs go to my audio interface MBox Pro. The MBox is connected to the mac via Firewire.

I hope that explains it better....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2014 @ 12:14 AM
readywriter
Joined  09-24-2014

I should add, I also have tried using “PC (Direct Monitor)” setting w/ similar results.

[ Ignore ]