mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI External Control"

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 10:33 AM
iansimpsonit
Total Posts:  28
Joined  03-29-2014

Hi Guys
As I have now got everything in the motif musically I now would like to control an external Voice processor via the Motifs sequencer.

I have the MIDI Implementation info for my external device, in face all I want to control is Patch change, Volume and Effect on and off.

I’ve been looking in the manual and I’m no further forward.

So to summarise I have on average in each Song 14 Spare MIDI Tracks, How do I create control Codes for My External MIDI device?

Hope you can help

Regards

Ian

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 11:27 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’ve posted previously about this…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/index.php/viewthread/473300/
...but haven’t provided any details about the external device or what form the required messages take. My reply in that thread was of a general nature.

Without specific information, I can only advise that you see pages 151-152 of the XF Reference Manual, and use the Event List “Insert” function to place messages as needed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 11:54 AM
iansimpsonit
Joined  03-29-2014

Ok thanks again for your fast response.

One of the External devices is an POD HD500X Again all I want to do is to have the sequencer change the patches (at the appropriate times in the song) and to adjust volume.

I have 13 Blank & Spare Channels on each song, so I want to Create an Programme change & volume Event on a track that has no information on at present, in the Motif’s Edit section there does not seem to be any option for that only to Edit what is already there? From the Sequencer Mode Pressing EDIT only brings up an option to insert a Tempo Change?

I seem to have no problem sending out codes from Cubase, Would I be better to send them over from Cubase? if so I don’t know how that would be achieved either. creating them on the Motif is very different, and the manual does not seem to help with Creating events?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 02:04 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
iansimpsonit - 21 September 2014 11:54 AM

[...] in the Motif’s Edit section there does not seem to be any option for that only to Edit what is already there? From the Sequencer Mode Pressing EDIT only brings up an option to insert a Tempo Change? [...]

Sorry, but I don’t know what buttons you’re pressing to get that result. Just to be sure - we are discussing a Motif XF, correct?

Press [SONG] (or [PATTERN]), [EDIT], then one of the numbered buttons corresponding to the track you want to Insert Events into. Press [F5](Insert). Select the Event Type, then enter the corresponding data - page 150 of the Reference Manual explains this, and refers you to page 30 where the Event and Parameter details are given.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2014 @ 08:44 AM
iansimpsonit
Joined  03-29-2014

Thanks for your patience, I have now realised hoe to do this.

Many thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2014 @ 08:50 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
iansimpsonit - 22 September 2014 08:44 AM

Thanks for your patience, I have now realised hoe to do this.

Many thanks

You’re welcome - I’m glad you’ve got it sussed out.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pattern Edit mode in XF
Next Topic:

Plans for a XF successor? ››