mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Edit mode in XF"

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 11:54 PM
justnuts
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-07-2013

this might be a silly question but I’m trying to find info on how to change when a note occurs in a pattern without having to re-record the part. In other words,how do I make a note event happen an eighth note earlier or later? What is the gate or clock value for something like that or any other different note value?

thanks in advance for any help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 02:15 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The XF’s sequencer resolution is 480 ppq (parts per quarter note). So if a quarter note takes 480 clock ticks, then an eighth note would be 240 clocks. I’ll let you figure out others.  :-)

Gate time is how long a note is held. It would typically be less than the full number of clocks for any particular note, since you normally release a key before you hit another, resulting in a bit of “dead” time.

If all you want to do is move a note, rather than change its length, then clocks is what you need to change. Of course, depending on where in a measure the note occurs will determine how easily you can calculate how to move it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 11:03 AM
justnuts
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-07-2013

thanks !

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Master Vol’s default to 100
Next Topic:

MIDI External Control ››