mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master Vol’s default to 100"

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 01:16 PM
obrother
Total Posts:  128
Joined  05-09-2003

Still appreciate any responses to my queries from the other thread(s) I recently started, problem(s) still not solved there.

Another issue:  I’ve successfully put a Pattern into Master and did the correct zone/midi so each of channels has individual volume/slider control.  But for two separate Patterns/Masters I’ve had an identical problem, once I’ve set all the proper zones/midi on the corresponding Pattern/Master, and write/save those adjustments....the volume sliders default to ‘100’.  When the Pattern is called up, you can see the original volume values come up for milliseconds then they each switch to 100.

Just now, I tried this with a second and different Pattern which I saved to Master.  And I went in and changed all the zones and requisite stuff to get individual volumes, and I could have sworn that before I ‘saved’ it...I actually had the volume sliders working independant with their original Pattern volumes being referenced.  So, if not mistaken, I had it...but it just wouldn’t save as such.

Am I missing something or is this the way it works?  While one can certainly go in and adjust each volume to the required value once in Master, and then adjust each as desired in realtime, this would be a non-starter if one didn’t have the time to do that for a live performance.  I’m assuming there’s something that remedies this.  Thanks for any hurried response, trying to do this in time for a gig tonight.  Thanks as always.....

ADDENDUM: It also appears that when I go from the ‘failed’ Master with proper volume slider values right to the Pattern itself (Pattern mode), the individual sliders ‘there’ will now default to 100.  It’s only when I go to another Pattern and back again, for example, do the correct volumes rest.  Simply, something is interacting between the Master and Pattern - in both directions (not just Master affecting Pattern, as I would expect) which then causes volume values to at least temporarily change.

An additional observation is that when I enter Master mode I can actually see the default ‘100’ master/slider values for a millisecond, then it resorts to the original correct values for another millisecond, then right back to the ‘100’ where it stays.  Cooky stuff.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2014 @ 05:41 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Physical controllers have default values, some of which can be “inconvenient” at times. There are often ways around the issue.

Sorry, I don’t have time now to research this, but perhaps what Yamaha_US posted in this thread might apply.

There might also be some useful information here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/master_mode_motif_xf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 21, 2014 @ 03:12 PM
obrother
Total Posts:  128
Joined  05-09-2003

5Pin....you gave me the solution with your link to a previous thread.  The answer was to un-check the volume/express box in each of the zones.  One huge problem removed (thank you very much) and now on to a couple remaining issues previously posted. You’re the best, the answer was, again, easy but finding one’s way to it was not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 22, 2014 @ 01:03 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
obrother - 21 September 2014 03:12 PM

5Pin....you gave me the solution with your link to a previous thread.  The answer was to un-check the volume/express box in each of the zones.  One huge problem removed (thank you very much) and now on to a couple remaining issues previously posted. You’re the best, the answer was, again, easy but finding one’s way to it was not.

You’re welcome - I’m glad that did the trick.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XF Wireless Connection with my I-Pad 2?
Next Topic:

Pattern Edit mode in XF ››