mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem with the fw driver in windows 7 64bit ?"

Posted on: September 17, 2014 @ 03:11 PM
l418
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-19-2004

A good day to everyone,

Let me intreduse myself.
I am a motif user for many years and have Always used it whith my pc.
First windows xp (mlan on motif es) later windows7.
last year i got Lucky on bying a motif xs8 and installed it on my windows7 (ai driver).

Now it was time for a new pc and windows 7 64bit.
i have updated the xs to os 1.60 the firewire to 1.07 did everything by the book but windows won’t recognise my xs (midi driver and wdm driver are missing in device manager.

after many reinstalling the driver (have tried 1.6.5 and 1.5.2on my new system) i have installed windows7 32bit on the same pc, and strange but everything works just fine.

reinstalled windows 7 64 bit, same problem missing 2 drivers in device manager midi and wdm.

Is there a problem with the 64bit fw driver or am i doing someting wrong.

please help me,

Best regards
Wim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2014 @ 12:05 AM
mattmclane
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-05-2003

I am having the same problem.  No recognition of XS midi in Device Manager.  However, when I set my XS up as VST instrument, it shows that bulk midi data is being sent and received.  Weird.  Please help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2014 @ 11:22 AM
l418
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11-19-2004

found the problem.
had forgotten to change the motif to fw in utility.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2014 @ 08:24 PM
mattmclane
Joined  02-05-2003

Just to clarify, when you say changing to FW in Utility mode, do you mean the Interface setting where you choose mLAN?

Assuming that I418 replies in the affirmative, it seems I have bigger problems.  I have my Interface set to mLAN, and there is still no recognition.  I have gone through the details of the installation instructions and found a couple of interesting things.  Below you’ll see four different snippets from my setup.  The first is my device manager setup.  The second is what it should be after installing the FW driver and turning on my Motif XS. There are two things missing.  Next, you will see my Yamaha FW control panel, and then how it is supposed to look.  Obviously, it’s not even recognizing my workstation.  Please help.

Image Attachments
Proper Device Manager.PNGMy Yamaha FW control panel.PNGMy Device Manager.PNGProper Yamaha FW control panel.PNG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 12:42 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mattmclane - 30 September 2014 08:24 PM

Just to clarify, when you say changing to FW in Utility mode, do you mean the Interface setting where you choose mLAN?

Assuming that I418 replies in the affirmative, it seems I have bigger problems.  I have my Interface set to mLAN, and there is still no recognition.  I have gone through the details of the installation instructions and found a couple of interesting things.  Below you’ll see four different snippets from my setup.  The first is my device manager setup.  The second is what it should be after installing the FW driver and turning on my Motif XS. There are two things missing.  Next, you will see my Yamaha FW control panel, and then how it is supposed to look.  Obviously, it’s not even recognizing my workstation.  Please help.

Which version of the Yamaha Steinberg Firewire Driver are you using? Current for Windows is 1.6.5.

Have you updated the IEEE1394 Firmware to version 1.07?

Have you installed the Motif XS Extension version 1.6.1?

All of the above can be downloaded here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 10:18 PM
mattmclane
Joined  02-05-2003

Yes to all the above.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 01, 2014 @ 10:40 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
mattmclane - 01 October 2014 10:18 PM

Yes to all the above.

In that case, please read the section entitled ■ New “IEEE1394 Driver” parameter in http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/new_functions_in_motif_xs (including the CAUTION) and make sure the setting is FW.

Note that the XS OS must have been updated to at least version 1.10 (current is 1.60) for the IEEE1394 Driver parameter to be available.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2014 @ 06:44 PM
mattmclane
Joined  02-05-2003

5pinDIN, you are the man!!!  That worked.  Thank you Thank you Thank you.  I’m embarrassed that it was that simple, but the new FW driver instructions did not mention that.  At least I don’t think they did.  Either way, that did the trick.  I can get back to making music.  Thanks again!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 02, 2014 @ 07:15 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
mattmclane - 02 October 2014 06:44 PM

5pinDIN, you are the man!!!  That worked.  Thank you Thank you Thank you.  I’m embarrassed that it was that simple, but the new FW driver instructions did not mention that.  At least I don’t think they did.  Either way, that did the trick.  I can get back to making music.  Thanks again!!

You’re welcome - I’m glad that resolved the problem. I can appreciate why you might expect the “mLAN” setting to be correct - since you have an mLAN16E2 in the XS - but the firmware update and YSFW driver usage require the “FW” setting.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ motif XS8 OS
Next Topic:

How to get more than 4 outputs from the motif XS8 ››