mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Saving voice as performance?"

Posted on: September 17, 2014 @ 12:29 AM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Can I save a voice as a performance for immediate recording so I don’t have to set up effects and arp data for that voice in pattern/song mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2014 @ 01:02 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
min3008 - 17 September 2014 12:29 AM

Can I save a voice as a performance for immediate recording so I don’t have to set up effects and arp data for that voice in pattern/song mode?

Well...yes, of course you can do that.  Page 36 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual discusses recording from a PERFORMANCE to a SONG or PATTERN, and while a PERFORMANCE can have up to (4) PARTS, it can also have as few as (1) PART.

It would be helpful to know how familiar you are with constructing a PERFORMANCE.  If you have no experience, then we know to start from the beginning.  But if you have a basic knowledge, we could start from there.

The simplest way is going to be:

Creating a new Performance
by using your favorite Voice
(Performance Creator)

Page 31 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual.

You can also find a helpful video Here.

While this is sort of set up to combine VOICES in layers or splits, you can easily adapt it to quickly STORE a single VOICE in a PERFORMANCE with the effects and arps as they come from VOICE Mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 17, 2014 @ 01:34 AM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Thanks for your reference to the manual. I’m currently going through the motions of trying to work out if it will be better composing with or without my laptop. Saving Bank and voice numbers in the MIDI file is the only concern I have so far with using the computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bank selection, logic 9 and saving within midi file
Next Topic:

Pitch change in Mac... ››