mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF8-Steinberg CI 2+-Cubase 7 Connection Issues - Stumped"

Posted on: September 14, 2014 @ 09:00 PM
HakanKorkut
Total Posts:  4
Joined  09-14-2014

Hello,

I have a Motif XF8 which I’m trying to connect to Cubase 7 via Steinberg’s CI2+ interface (I thought it would be easier to go the same hardware/software company route, go figure!).  I am running everything on a MacBook Pro: OS X 10.8.4.

I should also mention that I have updated my Motif firmware to 1.30 from 1.12 and have downloaded and installed the latest CI2+ driver, with my Yamaha Steinberg USB driver showing 1.8.3.

In my previous attempts a few years ago (when I was using Cubase 5, an M-Audio Fasttrack Pro interface and my windows laptop) connections and port setups seemed pretty straightforward and went pretty much as described in this forum; however, I’ll be darned if I can get things to work this time around.

Having located previous posts and screenshots for port setups, I’m pretty convinced that something is going wrong in my Device Setup - Midi Ports where rather than seeing my Motif listed for all Ports 1-4 in the I/O sections, I am instead seeing my Steinberg CI2+ listed in Port 1 with YAMAHA MOTIF XF 8 then *also* listing below this as Port 1 and then also Ports 2 & 3 (so no Port 4 appearing at all).  As this really doesn’t correspond to instructions I’ve seen, I believe this might be the root of my problem, but I don’t see how I can change these settings (edit/modify/add ports, etc.).

So far as I can tell, my VST Connections appear to be setup correctly with both my Inputs and Outputs tabs showing a stereo bus to my CI2+.

Eventually, my aim is to be able to use the VST module within Cubase to go about my work and in that I have attempted to setup both the USB ports and the VSTi audio routing ports but the usual setup seems to call for a Port 4 for the former and the latter only lists my CI2+ for L/R.

Maybe some of this is acceptable and some of it not, but after going back and forth trying to change things, I still can’t seem to get things to work correctly.  I am attaching screenshots of what I believe are all my key settings.  I would appreciate any advice to get me started.

Thanks in advance to any kind soul willing to help!

Image Attachments
VST_Connections_Inputs.pngVST_Connections_Outputs.pngDevice_Setup_MIDI_Port_Setup.pngDevice_Setup_Remote_Devices_1.pngDevice_Setup_Remote_Devices_2.pngDevice_Setup_VST_Audio_System.pngDevice_Setup_VST_Audio_System_SteinbergCI2+.pngVST_Port_Setup.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2014 @ 09:02 PM
HakanKorkut
Joined  09-14-2014

Adding my VSTi Setup screenshot…

Image Attachments
VSTi_Setup.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2014 @ 06:43 PM
HakanKorkut
Joined  09-14-2014

After a brief hiatus and retrying, I’m still encountering the same issues.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong in my setup?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2014 @ 02:15 PM
HakanKorkut
Joined  09-14-2014

Anybody???

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 04, 2014 @ 07:45 PM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

Hakan,
Not that it will resolve the problem, but why use the Steinberg interface at all.
Unless you have a specific need to use it I thought the Motif XF audio interface would be suitable.
Also the Motif XF firmware is now at v1.5 with extra voices and effects

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Output * * MOTIF XF
Next Topic:

Moving Pattern to Master w/vol slider control ››