mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS6"

Posted on: September 14, 2014 @ 06:16 PM
Patling
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-23-2009

Hi,
I am setting up a home music studio using Presonus Studio One as my DAW and I would be grateful if you could assist me please with this.
My Set-up is as follows:
Motif XS6 (am updating to latest OS system V1.60)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 audio interface
Dell Computer with Windows 8.1.
2 External monitors
I have two questions which you may be able to help me with.
Can you tell me which driver I should install for the motif XS6 as I am not using Steinberg Cubase but Studio One by Presonus and advise me on the following question: The Scarlett audio interface connects directly to my computer via a USB 2 cable and I have downloaded and installed the latest driver for this. The Motif XS6 can also be directly connected to my computer via a USB 2 connection or it can be connected to the back of the Scarlett interface using midi cables which I also have.
I would like to be able to use the Motif XS6 both as a midi controller for Studio One with NI Komplete sound modules and I would also like to use the built-in sounds within the motif itself which are very good. I have also bought several additional sound banks for the Motif XS6 which are fantastic and need to be able to use those as well.
Can you please advise me on the best way to connect my hardware. Should I connect both the Motif XS6 and the Scarlett audio interface directly to my computer?
My external monitors are connected to the back of the audio interface. If you could also direct me to information on the settings required for the set-up once I have everything connected properly that would be great.
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards
Patrick

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Connecting Motif XF as a VSTi (Cubase AI5)
Next Topic:

Resize Motif XS Editor? ››