mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Surely the MO8 sounds better than this??"

Posted on: September 10, 2014 @ 01:35 PM
ememej
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-16-2012

Hi,
I’ve just bought a 2nd hand MO8 and surprisingly im really disappointed with the sounds (though i like the keyboard action). I usually love Yamaha pianos but the so called ‘Grand Piano’ here sounds weedy and light-weight. This year i’ve had an (old) PSR8000 and DGX520 and love the acoustic grands so much i bought the MO8 on the strength of this. I also owned an MM6 which had a great acoustic piano - so why does the MO8 Grand pianos sound so awful??

I imagine the last owner may have edited things i so my question is:  can i get the default factory sounds back again?. Or can you suggest some replacement sounds i can load via USB otherwise i think its going up for sale after only two days ownership.

Deeply Disappointed
UK

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2014 @ 07:25 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

To reset to Factory settings:
Press Utility, press Job, uncheck (clear) Power On Auto window, press enter, press yes.

To check current Firmware:
Press Master and Utility and while holding them down, power on the unit. The last Firmware Update was in 2006 V.1.02.

You may wish to back up what you have as an All File before the Factory Set.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 13, 2014 @ 04:10 AM
ememej
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-16-2012
stoneb3 - 11 September 2014 07:25 PM

To reset to Factory settings:
Press Utility, press Job, uncheck (clear) Power On Auto window, press enter, press yes.

To check current Firmware:
Press Master and Utility and while holding them down, power on the unit. The last Firmware Update was in 2006 V.1.02.

You may wish to back up what you have as an All File before the Factory Set.

Stone

Thanks for that - already did a factory reset and ill try to get the firmware update. I see i can get ‘ES’ based voices for the MO8 so ill try some of these too.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]