mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AKAI MPK 249 to Cubase 7.5 connection"

Posted on: September 07, 2014 @ 07:57 PM
euphoniousmusic
Total Posts:  65
Joined  10-05-2013

I got an AKAI MPK249 keyboard and trying to connect it in Cubase 7.5 as per the instructions provided here :
http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1512

I didnt follow any instructions when I connected for the first time. But later I realized I want to use it as a DAW and followed the instructions. However, now I can no longer play it like a MIDI keyboard neither like a DAW.

I un-did the whole settings, nothing works now. 

I am not sure where I screwed things up. I followed the instructions exactly. Now its a doom.

Please help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2014 @ 10:17 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

My car is broken...please help me fix it. If I ask you that question, what would you say? Probably, you would want to know what is broken, what I am hearing or seeing, and how things are connected etc. Same here with your problem. We have no information about what you are seeing, your connections, your interface or anything else. Perhaps if you provide that, someone can then try to assist........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2014 @ 09:24 PM
euphoniousmusic
Total Posts:  65
Joined  10-05-2013
frankE - 08 September 2014 10:17 AM

My car is broken...please help me fix it. If I ask you that question, what would you say? Probably, you would want to know what is broken, what I am hearing or seeing, and how things are connected etc. Same here with your problem. We have no information about what you are seeing, your connections, your interface or anything else. Perhaps if you provide that, someone can then try to assist........frank

So, here’s what I did :
Initially, I connected it and there it goes working flawlessly. I tried connecting the USB from AKAI to my Computer directly just in case, thats not a problem.

And the proof that the buttons actually work is that when I press the DAW control button on AKAI, I can see the Key Editor coming up.

But when I play, nothing happens. I have attached the pics showing the settings in Cubase. Please help me out.

Update :

I tested with MIDI - OX, AKAI is indeed sending the signals. For some reason, I knocked Steinber PD accidentally which remains connected forever and AKAI worked. Is this some kind of random thing??? that worked when I made Steinberg PD sound first and then immediately AKAI stops being mute.

Image Attachments
Device Setup.pngDevice Setup2.pngProject Synchronization Setup.png
  [ Ignore ]