mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Note doubling on MOFX"

Posted on: September 02, 2014 @ 09:54 PM
eighty8fingers
Total Posts:  20
Joined  02-24-2014

I would like to program some note doubling on some of my voices (performances) on my MOFX 8. For example, I would like to be able to play C3 and have the board add C4 or C2. I would also like to be able to play 5ths in the same manner. (I will need to do it on only one voice on a split.) This was a simple setting on my previous board, a Roland RD 300. Can someone please tell me if this is possible on the MOFX and how to accomplish this task? I really appreciate the help! Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2014 @ 10:19 PM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

You can do this both with Voices or Performances. On a Performance you’ll need to copy the Voice to a new location and then transpose the pitch of one of them in the Performance edit pages. If you’re brand new to a MOXF it will probably pay dividends to get a handle on the basic voice architecture before embarking on much programming. You sound like an experienced Roland user but if this is a new platform some time doing that would be well spent. Motif is a powerful platform but not without its quirks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2014 @ 10:26 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You could create a Performance with two Parts, and Note Shift one of the Parts by the appropriate number of semitones.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2014 @ 10:34 PM
eighty8fingers
Total Posts:  20
Joined  02-24-2014

Okay. I didn’t think of that. I am new to my Yamaha MOXF and have done some research on it (my manual and tutorials on youtube.) I’m trying to program the sounds I need for all of my rock cover band songs as quickly as possible. I’m learning but not without my blood pressure going up - LOL!

I think I understand what you mean. I would layer the same voice in twice and then transpose one of them up/down an octave or a 5th. Now, I need to figure out how to split multiple voices. Haven’t gotten that far yet, although I did layer in a voice over a couple of split voices and noticed how you could edit that. I guess that might be how it’s done? I use a lot of splits and usually double my bass or guitar part in the LH while playing something else in the right hand to make life easier.

Thanks! I’ll play around with it…
or maybe you or someone else will tell me exactly how to do it...?  ;)

Thanks for your help!  :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2014 @ 10:50 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m a firm believer in learning by doing. First, be sure to use both the Owner’s Manual and the Reference Manual - neither covers everything by itself. Besides Note Shift, you might want to investigate Note Limit. Those Parameters should allow you to do what you want.

If you have specific questions after reading up on those topics, just ask.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do I check the current version of firmware on my MOFX 8?
Next Topic:

. ››