mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Multiple midi channel receive in song mode…"

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 08:29 PM
hammondeggs
Total Posts:  7
Joined  06-18-2008

Howdy all;

First off I must say I absolutely love my xs. It does everything I need, especially the built in sample playback capacity.

It is with this though that I have a question, which is more likely a “feature request” if Yamaha devs pay any attention....!

I usually play songs that require multiple sounds throughout the song and for that I use the “song” mode, which is perfect for quickly switching sounds.  The only drag is… Is if the song uses some samples, and I want to be able to trigger those samples from any patch, I effectively need to use a separate track to receive each channel’s send for the samples. E.g. I would have four sounds on ch 1,2,3,4 and I would need four channels that have the sample set patch(I would typically use 16 and work backwards) that listen to channel’s 1,2,3 and 4 respectively....

So… If I could either assign a channel in the mixer to be omni, or even better have a bit mask (I.e. 16 checkboxes) this would be great! 

So far I haven’t figured out any other way than to have multiple “shadow” tracks, unless anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2014 @ 01:38 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Not really following the fine print of your set up (are your samples loaded into your XS or external?) but you might want to explore playing your Song from Master Mode, where you have a lot more MIDI control /zoning options ‘on top’ of what you can program simply within a Song.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif SX8 as a midi controller
Next Topic:

Hawaiian Guitar? ››