mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Moving Performances between MOX keyboards"

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:04 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

I have a couple of Performances on one MOX that I want to move to another. What’s the easiest way to do this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:21 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

An All file. Remember, Performances are really only pointers to stored Voice, arpeggio and other stored data so unless both MOXs have the exact same Voices in the same Voice location you risk your copied Performance ‘pointing’ to a different Voice than the one you intended. Saving and then loading an All file will eliminate any risk.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:31 PM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010

For this purpose, both MOX keyboards (a 6 and an 8) have the Voices in the same locations (the Performances in question use stock Voice locations, not User Voices).

I am not looking to make the two boards identical, since the “destination” board--the 8-- also has unique User Voices and Performances of its own that I want to leave untouched. The two boards are used for different purposes. However, the 6 has a handful of Performances that I would like to have available on the 8 as well, so I wanted to know the quickest way to simply copy a Performance from one MOX to another. (It does not need to end up in the same location on the destination board, though it’s also okay if it does if that simplifies things… I can move things on the 8 to accommodate that if need be.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:39 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I would still think an ALL file is the way to go, and then just LOAD the PERFORMANCES you require, one at a time.

Unless you use John Melas, that would be really quick…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:55 PM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010

Yeah, I think a Save All and then Load Performance should be pretty straight forward, thanks. I do this kind of thing so rarely… I’m not always sure about the best way to do something, so often there are multiple methods to choose from! I don’t think I have a Melas tool that will do this, though. I also have Chicken Systems’ Motif Creator, but haven’t so much as launched it yet. I suspect it will be simplest to just do what you suggest.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2014 @ 12:03 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Pop your thumb drive with the All File into the 8 and from performance mode press file, set type to performance, select the file, press enter, select the bank your desired performances are in, select the performance, set target location, press load.

[ Ignore ]