mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "using footswitch to toggle arps"

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:39 AM
ajcatman
Total Posts:  16
Joined  02-06-2014

Hi.. was wondering how I would go about moving backwards and forwards through the Arps (that are playing my rhythms), whilst my hands are busy playing.

Also.. I am currently in the process of setting up my motif to play sets of R&B;rep where I can use a performance mode for each song, each one containing 5 arps for grooves to play Left hand bass over along with whatever else I use on the right.was kind of wanting to use this a bit ,like a drum machine.. but with more functionality obviously. is this the best way or would song mode be better?. cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 11:30 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Don’t believe there’s a way to step through arpeggios via a pedal, no. As for Performance Vs Song, seems like you’re doing it right. If using Song you have a bit more flexibility in terms of accessing different Voices (up to 16, one per track) with no FX glitching, but you have more immediate flexibility with the 5 arps in Performance mode. You could also investigate Pattern mode, where you can ‘play’ the 16 Sections. Playing Sections you can (also) tweak the response time of your button pushes (on the beat, the bar, instantly etc) which really helps you tailor the instrument to your own music/style when playing live.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Knobs Not Changing Paramaters
Next Topic:

Recording Internally ››