mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS patches - translate to/from what other models?"

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 11:32 AM
khart@fwclakeland.org
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-25-2014

I’m using a Motif XS7 at church.  We are starting a second service at another location, so I need to get a second keyboard.  I’d like to be able to gain some efficiency by using the same patches/setups on both.  I don’t use any of the sequencing features, just programs/combis.  But I will be doing the same songs in both locations, so I’d like the patches, etc to match.  Don’t want to pay $1500 for a 7 year old keyboard… Are there other Motifs that would answer my need?

Thanks for any help!

Kevin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 12:23 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

The MOXF has essentially the same architecture and waverom as the Motif XS. Unfortunately you can only directly import Motif XF (the next generation after the Motif XS) files into a MOXF but if you can either find a friend with an XF (that can load Motif XS data, which can then be re-saved as Motif XF data) or have access to a Motif editor you should be able to transfer your Voice and Performance data OK.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 02:52 PM
khart@fwclakeland.org
Joined  08-25-2014

So the XS and XF are similar and not the ES and XS..?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 07:44 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Check out the John Melas tools. With the Voice and Performance editors I believe you can translate between freely between XF, XS, MOX and MOXF.  Double check with John about that before you buy.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2014 @ 07:55 PM
MrMotif
Joined  10-02-2002

All Motifs are similar, but certainly they’re not all are compatible in terms of being to share data. The ES and XS are about as ‘different’ as any two Motif models have ever got, even though they still share the same basic style of voice architecture, sequencing and sampling processes etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 05:52 PM
khart@fwclakeland.org
Joined  08-25-2014

Thanks - going to go ahead and get a second XS then.  I appreciate the feedback!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2014 @ 05:58 PM
MrMotif
Joined  10-02-2002

I think that’s your safest bet, yes. Also, Motifs do hold their value so, while maybe not exactly an ‘investment’ certainly a purchase that will continue to make sense and that could be extricated from at any time without significant loss.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2014 @ 09:46 AM
khart@fwclakeland.org
Joined  08-25-2014

Got another XS hitting the door today.  Again, appreciate the responses.  Yes, they really do hold their values.  Good synths.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Thanks
Next Topic:

Motif SX8 as a midi controller ››