mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi Controll Mapping in Cubase 7.52 with the MOX"

Posted on: August 22, 2014 @ 03:44 AM
el-Odysseas
Total Posts:  190
Joined  04-05-2012

Hallo everybody,

I’m using the Yamaha MOX8 as a controller and created a “Generic Remote” in Cubase 7.52 with the purpose to create an own midi map.
Cubase does not seem to receive any midi Adress from the MOX. The “LEARN” button is checked and as “MIDI INPUT” I tried both “YAMAHA MOX-1” and “ALL MIDI INPUTS”.
Under VST-Quick Controlls cubase recognises the mod-wheel, the pitchbend and the sustain pedal, but no knobs, no faders, no other buttons.

There is always a midi in/midi out activity in cubase, when I press any button, but the midi monitor in cubase does not “see” anything but the “key on/key off” signal coming from the keyboard keys, the pitchbend and the sustain pedal.

I do not want to use the “DAW REMOTE” from the MOX. I just want to map my own midi controlls inside CUBASE and controll it with the MOX.

Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2014 @ 11:08 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

It’s going to be hard to use the mox as a controller if it doesn’t put out midi when your turn the knobs.

Don’t think there’s a mode to make it happen.

But check it out:
Hook up the mox and record the midi output on a track as you turn controls then look at it in list view. That way you can see exactly what midi messages are being generated. You could then map it without midi learn, I’ve had problems with various midi learn buttons.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2014 @ 11:53 AM
el-Odysseas
Total Posts:  190
Joined  04-05-2012

Thanks for the respond Tacman7!

I wonder if the “Remote Editor"application takes over, as soon as I turn on the MOX and start a Cubase project. I should read the Remote Editor manual and see if there is something I oversee…

[ Ignore ]