mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "arp motif es-sync off/on & hold, the SAME ?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 03:53 PM
ENOO
Total Posts:  144
Joined  07-05-2008

Hold. Determines whether the Arpeggio playback is “held” or not. When this is set to “on,” the Arpeggio cycles automatically, even if you release your fingers from the keys, and it continues to cycle until the next key is pressed.
Settings:  sync-off (see below), off, on.
sync-off When set to “sync-off,” the Arpeggio playback continues to run silently, even when you release the keys. Pressing any key turns the Arpeggio playback on again. In other words, you can use the key to “un-mute” or “mute” (not start or stop) the Arpeggio playback by, respectively, holding it down or releasing it.

Pls advise, Thanq.
The above is NOT VERY CLEAR to me: Is the SYNC off/on button SAME as HOLD ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 05:39 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

They are very different:

HOLD the arp continues to play after you release the keys

SYNC the arp stops playing after you release the keys but starts again in time when you press the keys again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 05:59 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Again is the HOLD off/on & SYNC off/on parameter the same as HOLD in the PATTERN mix/edit COMMON window ?
Thanq so much. Now guide me to the “SYNC the arp button/parameter”, ALSO in time ? while a drum/tabla rhythm is playing (from the pattern section/phrase)do i have to place my hand on a chord in timing like on 1 & if not we have the arp of like folk guitar & drum from the pattern section playing in different timings like not in sync ? please, thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2014 @ 08:51 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

Imagine Hold is Off and Sync is Off.

At the top of a bar you press a key and hold it for 1 beat then release it. Then on the third beat you press it again. The arp pattern will restart from the beginning (beat 1).

Now imagine Sync is set On.

At the top of a bar you press a key and hold it for 1 beat then release it. Then on the third beat you press it again. The arp pattern will start from beat 3, not beat 1.

It would be easier to just try it and you will hear the difference.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 11:44 AM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Blv we r goin in circles here.
Would u kindly direct me to “how do I set the Sync to off or on ?”. Where is that setting ?
If u r saying that the arp on/off button (the switch settings) is called Sync, then it’s not working like u mentioned.
I have FOLK GUITAR user 1 002 (in my PATTERN MIX) & when I have the switch on (that’s the only way an arp will start)& when i go to beat 3 it plays the arp from beat 1.

Seems like this would be very simple.
Please let me know how do I turn ON/OFF the SYNC.Where do i find this setting ?
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 12:59 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

You are too funny! YOU are the one who quoted from the manual. The manual has your answer.

I sold my ES years ago and no longer have the manual, I have to go look it up online....OK, here you go

Press Voice
Press Edit
Press [F6] ARP
Press Hold

Settings: sync-off (see below), off, on
sync-off............ When set to “sync-off,” the Arpeggio playback continues to run silently, even when you release the keys. Pressing any
key turns the Arpeggio playback on again. In other words, you can use the key to “un-mute” or “mute” (not start or stop)
the Arpeggio playback by, respectively, holding it down or releasing it.

Sync-off is a possible setting of Hold.

Hold = ON is different than Hold = SyncOff, OK?

Does this answer your question?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 02:00 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

I am not trying to be funny. It’s frustrating.
Appreciate yr response mbf BUT seems like even worse I am dumber than dumb !
I have been trying to find out “how do i turn the setting to SYNC ON or OFF
Where is that setting ? where is that setting ?? Atleast i cannot place/find it ?
I have had the HOLD ON & SWITCH OFF (if that’s what u mean by SYNC OFF)then playing a key does not unmute the arp ? in other words there is no sound untill i put the SWITCH ON. It’s very confusing.
Please help Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 03:40 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 20 August 2014 02:00 PM

I am not trying to be funny. It’s frustrating.
Appreciate yr response mbf BUT seems like even worse I am dumber than dumb !
I have been trying to find out “how do i turn the setting to SYNC ON or OFF
Where is that setting ? where is that setting ?? Atleast i cannot place/find it ?
Please, Thanq.

There are no on or off settings for Sync, because Sync isn’t a parameter that can be set in the manner you’re asking about.

There are three settings for Hold - the two obvious ones are off or on:

If Hold is off, then the Arp will start playing when you press a key, and stop playing when you release it. The Arp will restart from the beginning when you press a key again.

If Hold is on, then the Arp will play when you press a key, and keep playing (cycling) when you release it.

The third setting for Hold is sync-off. With that setting, the Arp will start playing when you press a key, and continue playing silently when you release the key. That is, even though the Arp’s sound is “off” (muted), it will stay in “sync”. When you press a key again, you will hear the Arp again (unmuted) - it does not restart playing from the beginning.

As has already been suggested, trying the three settings and listening to what happens is possibly the best way to understand what these settings do.

I hope that helped.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 03:52 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

No it did not bcoz I understand the on & off settings of HOLD, BUT how do i set the HOLD to sync-off. How do I get that setting ? how ? please explain to me clearly bcoz it is me who cannot understand this.
When I set the HOLD to ON & SWITCH OFF (if ? switch off=sync off) then the arp will not play/sound even when i place my fingers on the keys.
Is something wrong with my motif es6 ?
Please, please I need to understand on “how do I set the SYNC OFF with the HOLD ON”
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 04:14 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

MBF & 5SD,
EXTREMELY SORRY.
SORRY, So long I’ve been assuming or knowing that the HOLD has only ON/OFF bcoz I simply did not press the button one more step to discover that there is a SYNC OFF besides the ON/OFF on HOLD. hahahaha !
NOW !! that is just not funny BUT it’s super HILARIOUS from MY end.
Weeeeu !! issue resolved.
thanq, thank u & THANQ.
http://www.enoosmusic.com

p.s. Still working on another issue where I have duplicated/repeated/same waveforms ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 04:16 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 20 August 2014 03:52 PM

No it did not bcoz I understand the on & off settings of HOLD, BUT how do i set the HOLD to sync-off. How do I get that setting ? how ? please explain to me clearly bcoz it is me who cannot understand this.

If you know how to set Hold to on or off, then set it to the third choice, sync-off. That’s all there is to it. See the Hold information on pages 191 and 223 of the ES Owner’s Manual.

ENOO - 20 August 2014 03:52 PM

When I set the HOLD to ON & SWITCH OFF (if ? switch off=sync off) then the arp will not play/sound even when i place my fingers on the keys.
Is something wrong with my motif es6 ?
Please, please I need to understand on “how do I set the SYNC OFF with the HOLD ON”
Thanq.

The three Hold settings already explained are all there are. Setting “SYNC OFF with the HOLD ON” doesn’t make sense. How could the Arp continue to cycle, but not be in sync?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 04:34 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 20 August 2014 04:14 PM

MBF & 5SD,
EXTREMELY SORRY.
SORRY, So long I’ve been assuming or knowing that the HOLD has only ON/OFF bcoz I simply did not press the button one more step to discover that there is a SYNC OFF besides the ON/OFF on HOLD. hahahaha !
NOW !! that is just not funny BUT it’s super HILARIOUS from MY end.
Weeeeu !! issue resolved.
thanq, thank u & THANQ.
http://www.enoosmusic.com

p.s. Still working on another issue where I have duplicated/repeated/same waveforms ?

Sometimes you can trip over a low hurdle. Glad you figured out how to clear that one. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 05:03 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

yup ! the lady that did the NIAGARA FALLS quite a few times, eventually died BUT by slipping on an orange peel, is’nt that something ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 07:34 PM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

I understand that English is not your native language so understanding what is in the manual might be difficult for you. Here is the text again:

Settings: sync-off (see below), off, on
sync-off............ When set to “sync-off,” the Arpeggio playback continues to run silently, even when you release the keys.

What that tells you is what the choices are:

sync-off
off
on

All parameters in the ES are described in the Reference section of the manual this way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2014 @ 07:39 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

yup that was kinda crazy on my end. Make a new movie “dumb, dumber & dumbest” :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2014 @ 09:45 AM
meatballfulton
Joined  01-25-2005

Glad we were able to help you on this.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ NEED HELP !! WAVEFORMS/USER VOICES from third party LIBRARY-MOTIF ES
Next Topic:

Sorry if ! ››