mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Failing to connect to the Editor"

Posted on: August 17, 2014 @ 10:52 AM
Whirly
Total Posts:  17
Joined  04-13-2006

I finally got some time to explore my moxf6 that I got this summer. The first problem I need to solve is that I don’t seem to obtain connection with the Editor. I get “time out” and “ports in the host app not properly set” messages. I’ve tried following the manual a couple of times but I must have missed out on something since I haven’t managed to get it to work. Now I would really appreciate hints from the forum what I should look for. Anything that can help me detect the cause of the problem and help me better understand how the whole thing works is welcome.

One thing I’m wondering about is if the fact that the moxf OS is of an old version can cause this problem? My computer is a Mac OSX 10.9
Host is Cubase 7.5

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2014 @ 04:05 PM
Whirly
Joined  04-13-2006

My problems are quite similar to what’s described in this thread in the Motif forum.

Thread from the Motif forum

I’ve done what I can to get the Editor online and now I’m out of options. Any suggestions from forum members will be appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 19, 2014 @ 02:49 PM
Whirly
Joined  04-13-2006

It helped installing the correct version (moxF iso mox).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2014 @ 04:18 PM
vintagevibe
Total Posts:  35
Joined  05-24-2014

I’m in the same boat.  In Cubase I get the those errors so much that I gave up and use the stand alone version.  It almost never gets those errors.  The VST version is unreliable for me.

[ Ignore ]