mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Song From MIDI File Leads To Too Many Pattern Phrases"

Posted on: August 09, 2014 @ 09:23 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

I edited a song in Cubase. There are 4 tracks in the song. I exported the song from Cubase into a MIDI file. I loaded the MIDI file into a Song on my XF7.

When I split this Song into a Pattern Section, all 16 of the squares of that Section turn yellow, which is not what I want. I want to have only the squares for the tracks with MIDI data (tracks 1-4) to turn yellow.

If, before I do the split I do a Clear Track job on (say) Track 6 (which looks empty in the Song, as do all of tracks 5-16), Track 6 will show up as a gray square in the Pattern Section after I do the split.

If I look at Track 6 before I do the Clear Track job in the XF7’s MIDI editor, there are no events at all in it. It looks the same afterwards.

But clearly there is something in a Track (even an empty one) loaded from a MIDI file that isn’t there after the Clear Track job.

It looks like I’ve run into something that may be pretty obscure. Hopefully someone around here knows what’s going on…

[ Ignore ]