mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating a user arp with ‘put track to arp’ in pattern mode - a drum arpeggio"

Posted on: August 01, 2014 @ 08:04 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Hi there,

Despite the extra information on the forum about creating user arpeggio’s with the ‘put track to arp’ job I’m puzzled - got some loose ends…

Here’s what I want to do: an additional voice bank has some nice drum arpggio’s (user arp). I want to add 1 of these arps to my own bank of user arps (imported from my ES to my -current- XS). This file contains user arps from different (commercial) voice banks.

I go to pattern mode and record the arp that I want to a track (say 2 measures).

Now I do have to enter some paramters when I want to put this track to (user) arp:
- type (normal, fix, orgnotes)
- root note (with a drum arpeggio??)

How do I figure out what the ‘type’ and ‘root note’are of the original arp? In this case, it’s a drum arpeggio…

Can the info be found in the display (when playing the voice and opening arpeggio screen) or is there another way?

And if it’s not a drum arp but an arpeggio of a (sstrumming) guitar, how to find the ‘root note’?

Help would be appreciated very much!
Kind regards, Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 05:45 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I used this job extensively to create my own arp file of keyboard, horn, bass, guitar and other loops.  Once I decided on the number of measures and selected the correct track, I selected originial notes, and also selected the root note as C3.  From what I recall with my jobs, I had to go with the lowest note being played in the loop I wanted to convert, and select that.  However, in the end I just went with C3. 

While I’m not sure witha drum arpeggio, it is so quick and simple to do, why not just go withC3 and then try the outcome.  You have the option to name your arpeggio....call it “test”.  If it works, you can rename it using the melas wave editor ifyou have it, or just re-create and rename.  Once you do a couple it’ll be a breeze for ya. 

Perhaps someone having worked with drums will pitch in.  Good luck

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 11:58 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

You’d think I could master the attachment process. Nope! I’ve zipped, aliased and gone whole hog with nothing to show for it. Zero. AHHHHHHH

Search engine above;

Arpeggios Explored Part l - at the bottom is a link to Part ll; and search for:
Painting Drum Arps

Most of what you need is in those links. Easy to understand and a huge help.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2014 @ 12:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 04 August 2014 11:58 PM

You’d think I could master the attachment process. Nope! I’ve zipped, aliased and gone whole hog with nothing to show for it. Zero. AHHHHHHH

Search engine above;

Arpeggios Explored Part l - at the bottom is a link to Part ll; and search for:
Painting Drum Arps

Most of what you need is in those links. Easy to understand and a huge help.

Stone

I’m not sure what you wanted to attach, but here are links to what I think you referred to:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explained_part_ii_sort_direct

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/tweak_of_the_week_painting_drum_arpeggios_to_the_sequencer

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2014 @ 04:30 AM
Michiel D
Total Posts:  191
Joined  11-16-2009

Thanks for the quick and helpful response, this will help for sure!
: )

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 05, 2014 @ 09:28 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Thanks for the help 5pin. These are great articles for creating arps.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Possible to view the length of an arpeggio (in the display)?
Next Topic:

FC7 Pedal? ››