mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Santana Evil Ways"

Posted on: July 28, 2014 @ 02:28 AM
tom.ruetman@comcast.net
Total Posts:  5
Joined  07-28-2014

Okay going crazy trying to find the right voice on a MOXF8 for this song. Have B’s Knees loaded as well. Someone out there has to be playing this live like I do. I can’t seem to find the right opening sound with the tone wheel turned up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 01:48 AM
tom.ruetman@comcast.net
Joined  07-28-2014

150 views and apparently no-one plays Evil Ways. From a B’s Knees voice and a standard voice I combined the two and I am pretty close and really happy with the sound. As a newbee really disappointed at the response here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 02:24 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
tom.ruetman@comcast.net - 04 August 2014 01:48 AM

… From a B’s Knees voice and a standard voice I combined the two and I am pretty close and realwly happy with the sound. As a newbee really disappointed at the response here.

What exactly is your complaint… that you were actually forced to resolve your search for a solution yoursel? That someone didn’t jump in to provide you with a VOICE that you were perfectly capable of producing yourself… with a little bit of effort?

There are a lot of people here that are willing to help.  The fact that no one offered a solution is evidence enough that no one who saw your post was able to assist.

If you hang around here long enough, you will find that a sense of entitlement because you are not willing to put in the effort yourself is not going to be a successful strategy!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 02:31 AM
tom.ruetman@comcast.net
Joined  07-28-2014

Jeez, got a new workstation and was looking for some help. Your response is basically figure it out yourself newbie. Thought we were trying to help each other out here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 02:36 AM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
tom.ruetman@comcast.net - 04 August 2014 02:31 AM

Jeez, got a new workstation and was looking for some help. Your response is basically figure it out yourself newbie. Thought we were trying to help each other out here.

Did you actually read my entire post?

I promise you, if you received no assistance after 150 views, it is because those 150 people did not have an answer for you… simple as that!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 02:39 AM
tom.ruetman@comcast.net
Joined  07-28-2014

What exactly is your complaint… that you were actually forced to resolve your search for a solution yoursel? That someone didn’t jump in to provide you with a VOICE that you were perfectly capable of producing yourself… with a little bit of effort?

It’s not as simple as that your post basically told me to go get lost and not rely on this forum or ask for help. Read your response.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 02:57 AM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

I’ll try one more time…

You had a question about how to produce a specific VOICE.

150 views later, nobody has posted a solution.

So, you subsequently find that… with a little effort… you are able to produce a result that you are happy with!

Now, you repost with news of your success… but with a dig at the 150 people who viewed your original post because you apparently think they held out on helping you… for some reason.

All I am suggesting is that you have drawn an incorrect conclusion, and in the process are possibly alienating future assistance with this attitude!  I am attempting to help you here!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 03:06 AM
tom.ruetman@comcast.net
Joined  07-28-2014

OK, thanks. So much for my first post at this forum looking for assistance.  Hope this works out better for the other new MOXF users here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 08:46 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
tom.ruetman@comcast.net - 04 August 2014 03:06 AM

OK, thanks. So much for my first post at this forum looking for assistance.  Hope this works out better for the other new MOXF users here.

Please don’t take the lack of response personally, or as typical on the forum.

Of the initial 150 views, I probably contributed one to that count. I can’t speak for others, but I don’t have the B’s Knees library, and since I don’t play Evil Ways, I’ve never had a reason to determine how to program the sound you asked about.

A fair number of Motifator members who read forum posts are new users such as yourself. In fact, some might not even be owners of a MOXF. Therefore, several of those 150 views could have been from folks who themselves were looking for information, or just curious.

I can assure you that if I could have replied to your post in a helpful manner, I would have… and as cmayhle noted, that’s likely true for others who read what you posted.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 09:59 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I probably contributed to a number of the views myself from different devices. Sadly I don’t have a copy of the song to reference and have never played it. If I had the time I would have downloaded it and contributed my thoughts, just a bit tied up at the moment, sorry.

To the contrary, we don’t discriminate against new posters and on occasion for whatever reason some posts receive little response. Biting back surely will not further your cause.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2014 @ 12:56 PM
Drums&
Total Posts:  14
Joined  01-23-2014

I read your post.  I am buying a MOXF8 in the very near future.  I am trying to learn as much as I can from this forum until my Yamaha is shipped to my home. 

Just saying,

======
Bill

P.S. Organ parts; I own a Hammond SK2.

[ Ignore ]