mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90XS + Cubase 7.5.20 + Win 8.1"

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 02:05 AM
FrankT
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-09-2011

Problem: my Yamaha S90XS does not show up as Midi Keyboard in Cubase 7.5.20 nor can I use the S90XS VST3 plug. I have installed all current Yamaha drivers: Yamaha Midi driver v3.1.3 for Win64bit and S90XS Edit/VST v.1.6.3 for Windows. But the S90XS does not show up as Midi Input or in the Cubase Midi connectivity settings. (My other midi keyboards do show up!) Moreover, when I load the S90XS VST3 I get an error message from the VST that the ports have not been set properly . However, when I try to set the ports within the VST the S90XS is not listed as a divice (unlike controller CC121 and midi keyboard Impact LX49).
On the S90XS Midi in/out is set to USB. I tried different USB sockets and different USB cable - to no avail.

This is very frustrating, especially since the latest Yamaha release for S90XS Editor/VST is supposed to support this configuration:

V1.6.0 -> V1.6.3

- Now supports Cubase 7.5.
- Now supports Windows 8.1.
- Now Cubase5 series are NONcompliant.
- Now Windows XP and Windows Vista are NONcompliant.
- Fixed some minor problems.

Registered Date : 4/2/2014
Language : English
Size : 52.13 MB

Any input/idea much appreciated!

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 02:10 AM
FrankT
Joined  01-09-2011

Addon: I am running Win 8.1 64bit / Cubase 64bit

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 22, 2014 @ 10:47 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Here’s where to begin troubleshooting this problem.

In the S90 XS go to [UTILITY] > [MIDI] > verify that the MIDI IN/OUT = USB

On your Windows computer navigate to your CONTROL PANEL > HARDWARE and SOUND > Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver icon… if the S90 XS is connected the Control Panel will open and show communication.

See screenshot below… the center panel will show activity from your S90 XS on PORT 1.

Let us know.

Image Attachments
USBMIDI_313.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 24, 2014 @ 06:20 PM
FrankT
Joined  01-09-2011

Thanks. I have uninstalled all Yamaha drivers and did a CCleaner registry cleanup. Then I reinstalled the drivers. This time the midi driver install stopped and asked for the Yamaha device to be switched on. Did so and then installed the midi driver and after that installed the Editor/VST app. Now everything is working fine, Midi as well as VST !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 15, 2014 @ 11:21 PM
nmcq333@cox.net
Total Posts:  13
Joined  05-06-2005
Bad_Mister - 22 June 2014 10:47 AM

Here’s where to begin troubleshooting this problem.

In the S90 XS go to [UTILITY] > [MIDI] > verify that the MIDI IN/OUT = USB

Mr. Mister (or may I call you Bad):

My S90XS is also suddenly not appearing on my Mac, after a couple years of happy midi-ing, though I suspect it’s a different problem. I have reinstalled the driver, checked the cables, re-started the mac, ensured the utility is on USB, checked audio/midi setup (it doesn’t appear) and refreshed etc all that, checked logic and reaper (doesn’t appear or receive), checked the firmware (up to date), tried it on another computer, restarted the S90XS, even reset it to factory. Still nada. The regular midi ports do work.

I am concerned the USB port has burned out. Again. It happened only a few weeks after I bought it, and it was fixed under warranty. It’s now a couple years old, but wow, this should NOT happen to Yamaha products. I am always attentive to NOT hot-swapping or hot-plugging/unplugging USB cables on anything.  I have owned a Yamaha KX-88 (still have it), S-90, S-90ES, S-90XS, Motif 6, rack version of one or the other, so am obviously a big fan of the S90’s. But this really bums me out.

This is the centerpiece of my busy studio, and, well, I’m a huge fan, but not happy.

Any thoughts please?

Thank you,

Neil

[ Ignore ]