mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connect MO8 to Mac?"

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 08:07 PM
AustinHilscher
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-12-2014

Hey, motifactor users. So, I’m trying to get actual audio data from my MOX8 thru a USB to USB connection recorded onto my macbook using GarageBand.  Is this possible?

I know the MOX can do this using Cubase, but I don’t really want to pay for the software. (I am aware that it comes with Cubase, but I bought it used.) If someone could help me out, I’d really appreciate it. That’d make my day.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 08:17 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forums. You posted in the MO6/MO8 Forum leading one to believe you own a MO8.

So which keyboard to you own… your post is title “Connect MO8 to Mac”. But your question is about the MOX8

So, I’m trying to get actual audio data from my MOX8 thru a USB to USB connection recorded onto my macbook using GarageBand.  Is this possible?

The MOX8 can send both MIDI and AUDIO via USB to a computer.

The MO8 only sends MIDI.

The name of your keyboard is usually found in the upper right corner and is emblazened across the back. The MO is silver, the MOX is not.

I know the MOX can do this using Cubase, but I don’t really want to pay for the software.

Unless you purchased it used, the MO, the MOX and the current MOXF all came with Cubase AI, FREE, no need to purchase software until you want to…

For help with GarageBand you should really contact Apple support.

The MO does NOT send audio via USB
The MOX does and so does the current MOXF.

Question is - which do you own?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 08:26 PM
AustinHilscher
Total Posts:  2
Joined  06-12-2014

Oh, that’s embarrassing. My eyes skipped right to “MO” and I went “yep that’s it”, assuming it was an abbreviation or something.

...it’s a MOX8. Sorry about that.

I’ve heard that Yamaha works with most DAWs, though, and Garageband is as run as the mill as you’ll get, which is why I’m consulting here instead of Apple.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 10:34 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Yes, you can record audio and MIDI into Garageband with the MOX over the USB connection.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ selling my s90xs, excellent condition.
Next Topic:

USB Flash Problem ››