mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "DI box vs. a small mixer"

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 12:30 PM
jstrauss
Total Posts:  5
Joined  05-15-2012

I’m only using a motif es8 right now live but may be adding another board to the rig at some point. When playing live I’m currently running a mic cable from my powered speaker to the FOH snake which has been working OK aside from not being able to change my monitor volume without effecting the signal level to FOH. I was thinking about adding a DI box or small mixer to the rig so I could control my monitor volume with impacting the FOH signal. I realize they serve 2 different purposes but I think each would accomplish what I’m trying to do. Any thoughts on which might bve the better approach.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2014 @ 09:32 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

I’m not sure how a DI box alone resolves this, but I do know a small format mixer will.

I have used one of These excellent units for quite a while.  I have recommended it several times before, and will recommend it again here.

There are newer models....for more $$$!  They give you additional reverbs and other effects that you won’t really need.

I run three stereo keyboards through this to the mains, and all three provide stereo monitor feeds to my powered speakers thanks to the mixer.

And at $90 with free shipping...a really excellent buy!

EDIT:  Free shipping has been replaced by freebie offers...still a great deal.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Hi i Have a MOTIF XF Sequencer question
Next Topic:

LIGHTEST CASE FOR ES XS XF 7. ››