mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif rack es connection with pc"

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 11:12 AM
thingsandshits
Total Posts:  5
Joined  06-06-2014

Hey guys! How can I connect my motif rack es to my windows xp pc in such way, that I can transfer souds from the module to the computer, and the other way around? And also, how can I connect in such way, that I can use it with a music writer program, like finale, or sibelius or even cubase? I connected my midi controller to the module, by midi out midi in and the module to the computer by usb, and I switched to usb in the Utility Midi in/out. But then the keyboard doesn’h have sound. I also installed the yamaha midi-usb driver, but nothing happens, when I put in the usb? What other equipment do I need, to be able to use this in such ways?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 06, 2014 @ 05:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Welcome to the Forums!

Hey guys! How can I connect my motif rack es to my windows xp pc in such way, that I can transfer souds from the module to the computer, and the other way around?

You will need an audio interface. Connect the Main L/R outputs of the Motif-Rack ES to the inputs on the audio interface and connect it to your computer. This will allow you to record audio (sounds) into your computer. As to the other way around… that ain’t ever going to happen… what other way around are you referring to?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2014 @ 01:16 PM
thingsandshits
Joined  06-06-2014

I meant to put sunds, what I have in the memory of the motif rack, to put them on the computer, and from the computer tu put other sounds in the motif rack, cause I don’t have free space on the module.
So if I want to connect it, with a music writer program like finale or sibelius or cubase, then I need an audio interface?
Do I also need an audio interface, to copy the sounds from the memory of the motif rack to my pc?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 07, 2014 @ 01:52 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, we cannot understand the question.

Audio is referred to as sound
“Voice” is the word used in your Motif-Rack ES for synthesizer programs. “Full Grand” piano is an example Motif-Rack ES piano Voice program.

The computer cannot play Motif-Rack ES Voices, only a synthesizer or synthesizer module can.
The computer can backup the USER BANKs of Voice programs.

Finale, Sibelius, Cubase? We are not sure what you are trying to do? Sorry.

If you want to record Audio you need an audio interface.
If music notation is all you want to do, you can do that without an audio interface, simply connect via USB. Because that can be handled by MIDI data.

Do I also need an audio interface, to copy the sounds from the memory of the motif rack to my pc?

If you mean by this can you back up your VOICE programs on a computer, the answer is yes. And this can be handled by a USB connection

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2014 @ 05:17 AM
thingsandshits
Joined  06-06-2014

So, backing up my voice program means to put my voices like gand piano, electric piano voices on my pc, yes? Cause that is what I want to do. I have some voices that can be changed, but then the original is deleted, so I would like to put them, back them up on my pc to save them. You say, I need an audio interface for that then?
My othe question, right now I am using Finale 2010 music writer program. You say for music notation I don’t need audio interface. I connected my midi keyboard with my module midi out midi in, and then I connected the module to the computer with usb. I also downloaded and installed the usb-midi driver, so that the computer could recognize my device, but nothing happens. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for your answers and patiens.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2014 @ 11:29 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

So, backing up my voice program means to put my voices like gand piano, electric piano voices on my pc, yes? Cause that is what I want to do. I have some voices that can be changed, but then the original is deleted, so I would like to put them, back them up on my pc to save them. You say, I need an audio interface for that then?

No. The terminology is mixing us up.

If you want to make a backup up of the Voice settings no audio interface is necessary. You are simply saving the settings as a Voice library.

My othe question, right now I am using Finale 2010 music writer program. You say for music notation I don’t need audio interface. I connected my midi keyboard with my module midi out midi in, and then I connected the module to the computer with usb. I also downloaded and installed the usb-midi driver, so that the computer could recognize my device, but nothing happens. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance for your answers and patiens.

You say nothing happens… What is supposed to happen?

If you want your Motif-Rack ES to communicate with the computer you must set the MIDI IN/OUT = USB
Directly below this setting you can select an OUT Port for the MIDI Keyboard. set the THRU PORT = “x”, say “3”.

if you want the MIDI keyboard to to play the Motif-Rack ES you must connect the MIDI OUT of the keyboard to the MIDI IN of the Motif-Rack ES. This will merge its MIDI signal going to the computer with the Motif-Rack ES on port 1.
Your computer will see the signal from your MIDI keyboard as “Yamaha Motif-R ES-1” (Port 1)

Signal coming from your computer program set to Port 1 will trigger the Motif-Rack ES
Signal coming from your computer program set to Port = “x” (the THRU PORT) will travel to the MIDI OUT jack of the Rack ES. Signal designed to go back to your controller keyboard should be set to “Yamaha Motif-R ES-x” (Port x) “3”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2014 @ 12:27 PM
thingsandshits
Joined  06-06-2014

So, I connected my midi keyboard midi out to my motif rack midi in (it is always connected like that, cause I play it), then I connected the motif rack usb with the computer usb. I set the MIDI IN/OUT=USB. I set the THRUPORT=2 (does it matter?) Now that I set MIDI IN/OUT=USB the keyboard doesn’t send signal to the rack. Now what. How does the rack communicate with the computer, if the keyboard doesn’t send signals. What is the next step? I Can’t see my rack anywhere in the computer, it does not recognise it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 08, 2014 @ 12:30 PM
thingsandshits
Joined  06-06-2014

OK, now it communicates with the finale. Thanks a lot.
Now, how can I backup my voices?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 19, 2014 @ 01:03 AM
bodine_jethro
Total Posts:  37
Joined  04-21-2008

Hello,

It sounds like you need an editor/librarian.
The Yamaha Studio Manager is free and should be able to save/backup your voices as you create new ones.
I use MidiQuest made by SoundQuest. In general, it does a good job, especially if you have a number of different midi devices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2014 @ 08:23 AM
BadGroovee
Total Posts:  2
Joined  08-17-2014

Yamaha Total Librarian

Not free but worth every penny!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES7 transfer to Rack
Next Topic:

reverb and chorus in performance mode ››