mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha CS80 soundset?"

Posted on: May 01, 2014 @ 02:32 PM
VanZea
Total Posts:  97
Joined  10-16-2003

Hi recently bought the flash board for my MOXF. Unfortunately I ordered the version without the additional samplesets. Since I already have the Chick Corea Rhodes (legally bought) and I downloaded the CP1, how can I get the CS80 soundset? I can buy it nowhere, although I’m ready to pay for it. Is the only way to get this soundset by making a copy of a friends version? Illegal?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2014 @ 07:03 AM
VanZea
Joined  10-16-2003

I now bought a copy from somebody on the Internet, probably illegal, but since there is no alternative, I’m OK with that. I somebody else needs a copy, PM me, and I’ll send you a download link.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2014 @ 11:32 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

How silly are you?
1) admitting you accepted stolen property
2) then offering to provide it to someone else

Yikes, I guess you just don’t care or, perhaps you want company in jail… :-) I’m kidding but trying to make you think.

Now I’m just saying this to alert you that by admitting you know it is probably “Illegal” and then admitting you got the data, and then offering it to someone else, if somebody really wanted to find you, they could through this post. Yikes!

Now the soundset was a promotional giveaway, in certain markets, this does not mean it has no value… I can hear the judge saying, “...clearly you knew it had value...”

The author of that data might be sore about it, perhaps not. I know that different Yamaha distributors around the world try to respect each other on this type of library stuff, it is intellectual property… It might actually be offered for sale in some places. (The point is you don’t know!)

In general, if you believe in karma, then the music you make with these sounds will be stolen from you and shared by thousands of people, without you making a dime or even getting proper credit… :-)

Come on, musicians (and other creative people) get ripped off enough without this type of thing. THINK.

I am awaiting an answer on what is to happen with this particular data… It may eventually be posted as a free download, who knows. This often happens after the promotion is over… As is the case with the “XSpand Your World” and “Inspiration in a Flash” libraries.... But… Maybe not. Maybe it is earmarked for a sellable library… In which case, you may hear from someone (trigger the Law & Order sound effect, chung-chung!)

Your action diminishes us all, as in the future companies will start to shy away from offering sound sets free as promotions, if people do what you do…

Anyway those who have some sort of conscience, wait until the data is released for general consumption or is released for sale, don’t steal. Pretty soon no one will create sound libraries…

Thanks. Maybe they’ll let you keep your keyboard in jail. :-)

Something to think about.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2014 @ 12:14 PM
drewby
Total Posts:  13
Joined  11-29-2010

Considering Yamaha charges $300 for 1 GB of their proprietary flash memory I’d say you’re about even.  Karma does work because I’ve bought my last Yamaha synth.  But truly, I wouldn’t post things that would incriminate me to an official Yamaha forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 07, 2014 @ 08:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

What something costs is not about anything like you think… (And why would you know?) try to bring computer chips into the country. There are tariffs imposed on such things when they originate outside of Silicon Valley.
Better yet try to buy the chips here, take them elsewhere to assemble them and then bring them back in… Welcome to the real world, pal. Prices vary greatly depending on where you live. Trust that.
But why would you know any of this… Just make music and leave things you don’t know about to those who do… Ok?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2014 @ 10:24 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

FYI, there is already a CS80 brass waveform in the Motif ES/XS/XF and MO X
and MO XF. You can create a lot of voices with that waveform.

If you’re jonesing for the CS80 sound, Arturia makes an excellent VSTi
of the CS80...spend some money and buy it. It isn’t samples, it’s virtual
analog, and it sounds great.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/cs-80v/intro.html

Btw, I totally agree with Bad Mister’s reply to “Drewby”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2014 @ 10:37 AM
drewby
Total Posts:  13
Joined  11-29-2010
DavePolich - 08 May 2014 10:24 AM

I totally agree that 1 GB of memory should cost $300 lol…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2014 @ 03:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
drewby - 08 May 2014 10:37 AM

What do you think a 1GB module (FL1024M) should cost?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2014 @ 03:09 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
drewby - 08 May 2014 10:37 AM

Well dude, it does. No one is forcing you to
buy it.

Besides, this thread is about the CS80
waveforms included in an optional
download. It has nothing to do with
how much a flashboard costs.

Go crab about the flashboard cost on
a forum where you’ll likely find more
sympathetic company...like Gearslutz or
KVR Audio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2014 @ 11:07 AM
VanZea
Joined  10-16-2003

I was joking about my offer to give anyone a copy, just to provoke a reaction from someone like Dave. I still don’t have the CS80 soundset. I also agree with Dave Polich that it would be stupid for me to spread this soundset illegal.

But looking at things from my perspective: I have money in my hand to pay Yamaha (in my 10 years of owning various Motif synths I gave about $500 to Yamaha for soundsets), I’d really like to buy the soundset, i.e. pay money for it to the author of the set. There is no legal way to do this. Yamaha doesn’t offer this set anywhere. So I have two options:

1) Learn to live with not having this soundset
2) Make a copy from a friend (not legal)

What would you choose?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2014 @ 12:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
VanZea - 12 May 2014 11:07 AM

[...]I have money in my hand to pay Yamaha (in my 10 years of owning various Motif synths I gave about $500 to Yamaha for soundsets), I’d really like to buy the soundset, i.e. pay money for it to the author of the set. There is no legal way to do this. Yamaha doesn’t offer this set anywhere. So I have two options:

What would you choose?

3) Buy the XF Premium Collection, sell the flash module and/or anything else that you don’t want/need.

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/motif-xf-premium-collection.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 12, 2014 @ 12:11 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Yamaha doesn’t offer this set anywhere. So I have two options:

What would you choose?

Why are there only two options? I’d choose neither of your two (limited view) options.

You could contact your Yamaha distributor (your profile does not say where in the world you are - so this may or may not be viable for you) - ask what the plans are - you could express your interest in the particular CS80 soundset. Have a conversation, like a human being!!! - They were originally used as a promotion for new purchaser’s - as I’ve already mentioned. This is often followed by general release but those decisions are made corporately. No one is trying to deprive you of the data (which is what you seem to think). Somebody worked very hard on that data - it is a very in-depth session documenting many of the unique sounds that could be made with the CS80. Because it was provided free in promotion does not mean it does not have value. Quite the opposite - and that is what your (only two) options seem to say…

I don’t have that answer for you, and the person you speak to may not either, but your call will have an impact on the person you talk to, it’s like your vote on a referendum - it can get a response. If like no one calls, then that is like a vote, as well, and the data may never be seen again. But I cannot imagine someone in marketing not paying attention to someone who takes the time to communicate directly to the company. For every person that calls there are probably 10 others with the same interests.

See how that works...?

Try it - at least that’s how we roll here in the USA… can’t speak for where you are from, but customer interest is like a prime directive around here!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 14, 2014 @ 08:40 AM
VanZea
Joined  10-16-2003

Like I would buy a second car if I wanted the builtin radio I forgot to order the first time, and then try to sell the car on the second hand market…

The suggestion about contacting the importer here in the Netherlands is actually one I didn’t think of myself, I’ll try that on, thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2014 @ 03:04 PM
VanZea
Joined  10-16-2003

Thanks to the suggestion made by Bad MIster I now have the CS80 soundset courtesy of Yamaha Benelux. Within 2 days the responded to my request with a free download link, my faith in Yamaha has been restored. Korg never answers to any of my requests…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 20, 2014 @ 03:27 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
VanZea - 14 May 2014 08:40 AM

Like I would buy a second car if I wanted the builtin radio I forgot to order the first time, and then try to sell the car on the second hand market…

Riiight, that’s an exact parallel to what I mentioned.

You do have a flair for exaggeration.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Piano! Epic Grand from K-Sounds
Next Topic:

Jarre sounds ››