mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF corrupted after USB issue"

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 04:36 PM
KidaHyde
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-20-2012

Error message “USB connection terminated. Press any button” is displaying all the time even there is no USB thumb drive inserted. Please help me how to “reset” my Motif XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 04:48 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

Instructions for doing a factory reset are on page 18 of the owner’s manual.  Please be aware that this resets ALL of the memory, so save everything first (hopefully your USB problem won’t prevent you from saving).

But before you try the reset, have you verified that you do not have ANYTHING plugged into the USB port?  In particular, do you have a USB cable that’s plugged into the XF, even if nothing is connected to the other end?  If so, remove it, turn the XF off and on, and see if that corrects the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 05:05 PM
KidaHyde
Joined  10-20-2012

Well, noting is plugged. I even format my USB drive after that issue, plugged USB again, and the problem remains the same. I keep getting unwanted message every 2-3 sec even with no USB stick inserted. Something is corrupted, but the problem is that I can not backup my pattern/songs. The problem started when I recorded audio from pattern chain to USB.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 06:54 PM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

edited by member

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 07:17 PM
KidaHyde
Joined  10-20-2012

This is getting worse!!! I’ve just performed factory set, and the problem remains the same. My Motif XF8 is a brand new, no gigs outside my room. Is it possible that “USB to device” is broken somehow?
I don’t know how to execute firmware update to 1.50 when my USB slot in not working. I’ve tried all my thumb drives.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 08:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

USB ports are designed to deliver a certain maximum current. If a device draws more than that amount, the circuit is supposed to sense that and shut down the supply to the port. That causes an error message to be generated.

From page 67 of the XF Owner’s Manual:
USB connection terminated. Press any button.
A break in the connection with the USB storage device has occurred because of an abnormal electric current. Disconnect the USB storage device from the USB TO DEVICE connector, then press any of the panel buttons.

If this message appears when there is nothing plugged into the TO DEVICE port, then either the port is damaged or the current isn’t being correctly sensed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 08:27 PM
KidaHyde
Joined  10-20-2012
5pinDIN - 27 April 2014 08:08 PM

USB ports are designed to deliver a certain maximum current. If a device draws more than that amount, the circuit is supposed to sense that and shut down the supply to the port. That causes an error message to be generated.

From page 67 of the XF Owner’s Manual:
USB connection terminated. Press any button.
A break in the connection with the USB storage device has occurred because of an abnormal electric current. Disconnect the USB storage device from the USB TO DEVICE connector, then press any of the panel buttons.

If this message appears when there is nothing plugged into the TO DEVICE port, then either the port is damaged or the current isn’t being correctly sensed.

Thank you, but how to test and check wether the port is damaged or not?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 09:09 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

I would suggest contacting an authorized Yamaha support center.

Yamaha Support

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2014 @ 10:07 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
KidaHyde - 27 April 2014 08:27 PM

Private Message sent.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2014 @ 03:56 AM
KidaHyde
Joined  10-20-2012
5pinDIN - 27 April 2014 10:07 PM
KidaHyde - 27 April 2014 08:27 PM

Private Message sent.

Thank you 5pinDIN!
PM reply sent

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2014 @ 11:24 AM
KidaHyde
Joined  10-20-2012

Well, the USB port has been damaged, and replaced by authorized Yamaha service.
I am curious, in order to prevent any USB port hardware damage again, what is the safest way to connect/disconnect (mount/unmount) USB thumb (USB flash drive)? When should I plug or unplug USB? When the Motif is switch off?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2014 @ 12:35 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
KidaHyde - 28 September 2014 11:24 AM

Well, the USB port has been damaged, and replaced by authorized Yamaha service.
I am curious, in order to prevent any USB port hardware damage again, what is the safest way to connect/disconnect (mount/unmount) USB thumb (USB flash drive)? When should I plug or unplug USB? When the Motif is switch off?

It is unlikely that you caused any damage
by plugging or unplugging your USB drives.
There was a hardware failure in your XF.
Sometimes hardware fails.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FW16E Why two IEEE1394 Connectors?
Next Topic:

Drum Voice Creation?? ››