mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "White Noise Source"

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 12:44 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012

Hi all,

I spend my time on the XF forum but have a friend who just bought an MOXF8 and is trying to dial up some white noise.  Anyone with an MOXF know if there is a white noise waveform hiding somewhere in this box?  If so, a wave number would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 01:00 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Hey Dennis,
For some reason I couldn’t open my copy of the MOXF Data list. I would mention that I’ve found Phat Analog from Easy Sounds to have a great white noise representation in their library.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2014 @ 01:47 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As far as I know, the MOXF and XF Waveforms are identical. The closest to white noise in the XF (and it isn’t very close) that I’m aware of is number 1524.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/370778/ for some ideas. (XS Waveform 1093 is XF #1524.) What Joshy posted helps - I set up a Voice with four Elements using #1524. The first Element isn’t detuned, the second I set for -8 semitones, the third at -16, and the fourth at -24. It doesn’t sound too bad that way, and other tunings might improve it further.

There are white noise WAVs that can be downloaded for free from the Web. If the MOXF has a flash module, using sampled white noise would probably be the way to go.

Here’s one source:
http://science.widener.edu/~svanbram/chem366/wav/white_noise.wav

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 01:44 PM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012

Thanks all, I found that same wave #1524 lives in my XF as well.  I’ll point my new MOXF owning friend there and hopefully he can find it as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2014 @ 03:44 AM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005

The free Yamaha soundset Inspiration In A Flash also contains white noise (FL1, waveform 93) and pink noise (FL1, waveform 94). Both samples are looped very well and sound better than the internal one…

Among others, there are two voices using these waveforms: “White Noise” (USR3, 065) and “Pink Noise” (USR3, 064).

Again, you need a flash board in your MOXF to use these waveforms/voices…

All the best, :)

Jo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2014 @ 07:42 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
giovanni78 - 25 April 2014 03:44 AM

The free Yamaha soundset Inspiration In A Flash also contains white noise (FL1, waveform 93) and pink noise (FL1, waveform 94). Both samples are looped very well and sound better than the internal one…

Thanks for that information. I had thought there was a free download that contained those samples, but I couldn’t remember which one.

The Inspiration In A Flash version compatible with the bank arrangement in the MOXF is at http://download.yamaha.com/file/60661

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ USB connection issue with MOXF6
Next Topic:

Ins FX issue with MOXF6 ››