mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 7 upgrade"

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 10:54 AM
jsfingers
Total Posts:  109
Joined  08-28-2009

Hey,

I have Cubase Artist 7 and I was wondering if the upgrade is worth it…

I’m curious as to a comparison between Cubase 7’s professional music notation and score editing, Cubase Artist 7’s music notation and scoring compared to Finale.

I’m also curious as to Cubase 7’s 69 high end plugins compared to Cubase Artist 7’s 50 audio effect plugins.  When my projects are complete, and ready for mix/master, will I really need to look into purchasing software like Ozone and or Alloy, or are Cubase 7’s high end plugins be sufficient (maybe that’s all in the eye of the beholder)?

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 07:40 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I have Cubase Artist 7 and I was wondering if the upgrade is worth it…

Without much information about you and what you want to accomplish, this would vary greatly on the individual.

You should pose this question via your MySteinberg Account. They can discuss with you your concerns based on what you wish to accomplish.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 08:17 AM
jsfingers
Joined  08-28-2009

Thx for your reply.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 08:23 AM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
jsfingers - 17 April 2014 10:54 AM

I’m curious as to a comparison between Cubase 7’s professional music notation and score editing, Cubase Artist 7’s music notation and scoring compared to Finale.

You might find, as William Zeitler opined on this MakeMusic forum thread, that…

Finale is great as a music notation editor. It is very mediocre at best at recording/playback.

Cubase is great as a music studio for recording/editing/playback of audio and midi performances. It is very mediocre at best as a music notation editor.

However, if you’re not a professional composer, it’s quite possible you’ll find Cubase 7’s scoring functionality will do quite nicely for you. 

In addition to following up with Steinberg as suggested by Bad_Mister, you might want to try both of them yourself.

Here’s the Finale Trial download link

You can activate a Cubase 7 (full version) trial from the “Steinberg Hub” sub-menu of your Cubase Artist 7 version (if you haven’t already).

You also might want to try the free MuseScore notation software .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2014 @ 09:36 AM
jsfingers
Joined  08-28-2009

Thx again. I will check out those threads. Much ‘ppreciated!

[ Ignore ]