mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is it possible to solo each voice/element? (Track Out to external DAW)"

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 04:07 PM
ChrisAngelo
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-10-2014

Is it possible to solo each individual SAMPLE on Drum channel?

I love the fast way of using the internal Seq! BUT only in the writing part, mixing, not so much… ;)

1. I layer the beat in pattern mode until it feels solid.
2. Add other instruments and parts.
3. But I want to mix every drum hit separated in a DAW externally for total control. (Record audio thru cables)

I understand that a FW card will allow multi track out (and digital) but how can I prevent the drum track not ending up as a mix of ALL sounds as a mono/stereo track in my DAW? I need Kick/Snare ect separated.

I really hope someone has an answer, cause this is important and a dead end for me and my new Motif XF6.

/Chris Angelo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 06:13 PM
wizardgraphics
Total Posts:  171
Joined  01-15-2012
ChrisAngelo - 16 April 2014 04:07 PM

Is it possible to solo each voice/element on Drum channel?

I love the fast way of using the internal Seq! BUT only in the writing part, mixing, not so much… ;)

3. But I want to mix every drum hit separated in a DAW externally for total control. (Record audio thru cables)

I understand that a FW card will allow multi track out (and digital) but how can I prevent the drum track not ending up as a mono/stereo track in my DAW? I need Kick/Snare ect separated.

I really hope someone has an answer, cause this is important and a dead end for me and my new Motif XF6.

/Chris Angelo

I don’t get it! By saying voice element, I immediately think of the 8 elements that makes up every voice (you can use faders to mute/solo these). If you mean parts or tracks as in the 16 midi tracks of the performance then if you lay your drums over multiple tracks, if you are not using the FW16E card (which can get this trick done for you) then the only way I think to do that with audio cable recording is to record each track one at a time.

Again, I don’t know what you meant so my answer could be completely irrelevant to what you are actually asking.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 01:40 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Most of the terminology you use makes no sense, sorry.

I understand that a FW card will allow multi track out (and digital) but how can I prevent the drum track not ending up as a mono/stereo track in my DAW? I need Kick/Snare ect separated.

We do understand this part of you post however.

Each drum can be routed to its own discreet output as necessary, for example here is a possible setup
Kick = FW1
Snare = FW2
Hihat closed = FW3
Hihat pedal = FW3
Hihat open = FW3
Crash = FW4
Toms = FW5/6
Percussion = FW7/8

This routing takes place within the Drum Kit you are using
Then assign the OUTPUT SELECT of the Drum Kit = “drum”, this will allow each drum’s routing to be respected.

Press [MIXING]
Select your Drum kit PART
Press [F6] VCE EDIT
press [1] to view KEY Edit parameter
Touch the drum key you want to assign
Press [F1] OSCILLATOR
Set the OUTPUT SELECT to the FW bus you wish to use. As you reassign each drum (default is to the main L/R) it will be removed from the main output and routed to the selected assignable FW bus
Rinse and repeat for each drum you wish to assign

Return to [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Select the Part with the drum kit you just edited
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF2] OUTPUT
Set the OUTPUT SELECT for the entire kit to “drum”, now each Individual drum you routed will appear at its assigned FW output as you selected them.

You certainly don’t have to do them one at a time.... In this regard, no other workstation in its class can do what the Motif XF can do! That’s why it is the best in class!

You have 14 assignable FW outputs which can be configured as mono or odd/even stereo pairs as you require. The FW buses are able to carry one or more signals to the DAW. It is called a ‘bus’ because it can carry one or more passengers (signals) along a designated route from point A to point B.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 03:16 AM
ChrisAngelo
Total Posts:  3
Joined  03-10-2014

Thanks!

I re-edited my post, of course I meant samples, not voices. Sorry.

Bad_Mister. Thanks it sounds good. FW seems useful.

Is there a solo function for for each sample in a drumkit while playing a whole song? If not FW is the only way I guess.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 11:57 AM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005
ChrisAngelo - 16 April 2014 04:07 PM

Is it possible to solo each individual SAMPLE on Drum channel?

I understand that a FW card will allow multi track out (and digital) but how can I prevent the drum track not ending up as a mix of ALL sounds as a mono/stereo track in my DAW? I need Kick/Snare ect separated.

/Chris Angelo

Chris, check out this article and see if it helps you out. 
Divide Drum Tracks

This article (you have to download it), should help out too…
DRUM CONSTRUCTION TOOLS DOCUMENT

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 01:40 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

Is there a “DRUM CONSTRUCTION TOOLS” DOCUMENT for an XF?  I searched and didn’t find one.  I know the XS is close, but not exact.  Does anyone know where I can find one for the XF?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 02:08 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
robinvt - 19 April 2014 01:40 PM

Is there a “DRUM CONSTRUCTION TOOLS” DOCUMENT for an XF?  I searched and didn’t find one.  I know the XS is close, but not exact.  Does anyone know where I can find one for the XF?

I believe the XS version is the only one offered.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2014 @ 04:04 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS Forum is NOT Aviable!!!
Next Topic:

Q: Can you tweak "Hard" to be "Hard"+"er"? ››