mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Windows 8.1 and Cubase AI5"

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 05:43 PM
epafos
Total Posts:  52
Joined  04-02-2012

Greetings,

I recently moved to Windows 8.1 and there seems to be an incompatibility between Cubase AI5 (version that came with my MOX) and MOX software (editor, remote tools). Any ideas for a way around this?

I think Yamaha should give a free download of Cubase AI6 to all MOX owners, or make Cubase AI5 fully usable in Windows 8.1.

Thank you

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2014 @ 07:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m not running Windows 8, so I don’t know if it will work for you, but you might try this:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-run-older-programs-under-windows-8.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 05:39 AM
epafos
Joined  04-02-2012

Thanks for your reply.

However, the problem is the latest MOX software being incompatible with Cubase AI5, and the early MOX software being incompatible with Windows 8.1.

Cubase AI5 actually runs fine on my system, until I attempt to use the MOX remote tools and editor. Windows compatibility mode didn’t solve this problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 09:17 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

OK, I understand that you have Cubase AI5 basically running.

Which earlier version of MOX6/MOX8 Remote Tools for Windows (MOX6/MOX8 Remote Editor and MOX6/MOX8 Extension) did you try to run using compatibility mode, that was unsuccessful?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 04:30 PM
epafos
Joined  04-02-2012

I tried Remote Tools v1.1.2 and 1.1.4 and Editor v1.4.1 and 1.6.3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 05:19 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
epafos - 16 April 2014 04:30 PM

I tried Remote Tools v1.1.2 and 1.1.4 and Editor v1.4.1 and 1.6.3.

In this thread…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/465124/
...Bad_Mister suggested Remote Tools v1.1.1. However, I don’t know where it can be downloaded, or if it will work using compatibility mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 02:22 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Cubase AI5 has been discontinued.
The MOX has been discontinued.
The operating system for Windows when both the MOX and AI5 came out was not Windows 8. (What evert was, it is discontinued too)
So you caused an incompatibility when you updated your computer to Windows 8

Were you not aware that some of your software would no longer work? Certainly you must have been, if not that’s part of the ticket when you ride the computer-based system game. You could opt to stay running with the older system and software, but if you upgrade your computer hardware, you run the risk of obsoleting much of your older software. A savvy computer user would know to check what software is really important and make sure you have hardware that can run it.

A viable path for you is to upgrade from AI5 to a current full version of Cubase (which now up to 7.5), Steinberg offers you a significant discount to do so. Please visit the http://www.steinberg.net site for upgrade offers.

Go to the Yamaha download site and set the search to filter by computer operating system. (windows 8)
Yamaha is not going to provide you AI6 (also discontinued, by the way), sorry. AI5 was current four years ago, we hoped you would have decided to purchase a copy of the full version of Cubase, by now, :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 06:58 AM
epafos
Joined  04-02-2012

I’ve been a computer user for over 20 years and I know a thing or two about software life cycle. Cubase AI5 was current the moment I bought my MOX with it, and that was one year before Windows 8 came out. Such a short time of full software support is insufficient, to say the least.

As I can see, there’s not even a Cubase 7 discount for AI5 users.

By the way, OS upgrades are dictated by many factors, not solely depending on the functionality of a single program.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 09:12 AM
keramox
Total Posts:  55
Joined  11-17-2012

Agree! I’m using computers since spectrum sinclair (1981),Atari,Amiga etc.The cycles running now faster and faster ,always to make more business (money) but they tend to forget the most essential : We the “Users” (i don’t like this word but we are basically “users") ! They want us to buy new computers,more software and more hardware! It’s always good to have a spare pc for older music soft and hardware or a dual boot machine!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2014 @ 11:47 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

As I can see, there’s not even a Cubase 7 discount for AI5 users.

Sure there is. Contact Steinberg via your MySteinberg Account or visit their website. Of course, there is, not only was that the reason I mentioned it, it is also the reason they provide it. Of course there is!

http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_product/product/cubase-75.html

[ Ignore ]