mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "APR/04/14"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: April 04, 2014 @ 01:08 PM
ENOO
Total Posts:  144
Joined  07-05-2008

Hello,
On the MOTIF ES, i had loaded/saved on a USB 8GB. after a break of a few months it will not read the USB Please advise, thank u.
ALSO, how can I have like have the guitar, bass, drums played interactive while holding down a chord (left hand) like on the PS yamaha series ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2014 @ 03:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What type of File did you save?
What was file extension?

The Motif ES is not like Yamaha “PS” or PSR keyboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2014 @ 12:34 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Hi BadMister, (1)The same files that I saved on a USB 2GB which loads/saves correctly. W7V, W8V,W7A, W8A, W7P, W8P & W7S, W8S. The 8GB USB did load, etc., fine untill now ?
Pls help & advise, Thanq.
(2) But does the MOTIF ES have some way like in the performance mode OR any other mode ,inserting arpeggios to get the bass line & guitar chords to accompany alongwith the drums like interactive ?
Thanq.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2014 @ 01:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No. The Motif ES has one arpeggiator.

As to your USB drive, use the 2GB drive. It works.
USB drives with copy protection software built in cannot be used until you remove that software, and no, formatting the drive does not remove the copy protection… Wouldn’t be much protection if formatting removed it.
We don’t know, and you don’t say what the make and model of the drive is, but that should get you started as to what to do.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2014 @ 01:52 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

So the 2GB should only be used correct ? also only one arpeggiator means cannot have 2 instruments like bass & chord guitar doing rhythm right ?
Something else.....when we do a factory reset do we have to do the upgrades again ?
Pls advise & again Thanx bud for all the responses.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2014 @ 04:06 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Hey Bad Mister,
On the MOTIF ES, Do we have to do any updates after a FACTORY RESET ? please advise, Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 05:58 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

ENOO - 09 April 2014 01:52 PM

So the 2GB should only be used correct ? also only one arpeggiator means cannot have 2 instruments like bass & chord guitar doing rhythm right ?
Something else.....when we do a factory reset do we have to do the upgrades again ?
Pls advise & again Thanx bud for all the responses.

I think that you would like to play ES like arranger keyboard? If yes, you could try
One Man Band software.
You should tweak it a little bit in order to work with particular keyboard (ES in your case),
but one of the nice feature is that you could load any style (*.STY) file from
any Yamaha arranger board from PSR to Tyros. Of course, you could not expect
that could provide same support for Mega Voice sounds, but it worth using.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 08:33 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Thank you for your response. Now I wanna play the LEFT HAND on my MOTIF ES for accompaniment from One Man Band Software.
Shed me some details on how, etc. like do i connect it thru midi from the laptop (soundcard M-AUDIO) to the ES ?
Please give me as much details as you can. Kinda new in this part of tech.
Please advise.
Thank u kindly.
E N O O

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 21, 2014 @ 08:34 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Hello Guru,
ALSO, please advise: Do i have to install upgrades on the MOTIF ES after i do a factory reset on it ?
Please advise.
Thank u.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 05:18 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

Do i have to install upgrades on the MOTIF ES after i do a factory reset on it ? Please advise.

It is always good to have the latest firmware version in your keyboard in order to be compatible with the new software versions. You should check your firmware version by powering up the unit while holding down the [REC] and [STORE] buttons simultaneously. The latest firmware is 1.08. If you have some previous version, you should at first obtain SmartMedia card or adapter for xD cards since second is much cheaper these days.
You could ask me for suggestion if you need.

Now I wanna play the LEFT HAND on my MOTIF ES for accompaniment from One Man Band Software.
Shed me some details on how, etc. like do i connect it thru midi from the laptop (soundcard M-AUDIO) to the ES ?
Please give me as much details as you can. Kinda new in this part of tech. Please advise.

Connection with One Man Band software is only done via MIDI interface, using USB cable connected to computer. In the software you set your MIDI interface to Yamaha Motif ES 1 (or similar name). Your audio driver is not necessary, since you will hear your playing and accompaniment through ES outputs or headphones. You could also set split point for your left hand (default is C3). Software is simple and have a detail instruction, so don’t be afraid if you are new.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 05:29 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ENOO - 09 April 2014 01:52 PM

No. A factory reset does not affect the operating system firmware.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 01:41 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Appreciate your responses, Guru & 5pindin. Now Guru you say the updated firmware is 1.08. My motif es reads 1.05. Can i upload it thru a USB rather than a smart card OR Sd ? ALSO, (1) where do i find the 1.08 upgrade to download ? (2) On the OMB software can i just connect it from say like a tablet/ipad to the USB to HOST on the MOTIF ES ?
Please advise & thank u guys.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 05:08 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

The firmware update and other downloads are available here. Once you’re at the download site, clicking on the link to the 1.08 OS update will provide additional information.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 05:27 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Thanx. Now I see there are other downloads besides the firmware update. Do i have to do all of them ? I got this kb around MAR/2007.
ALSO, can I do this on my USB platform rather than SMC ?
Appreciate yr help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 06:25 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007

ENOO - 22 April 2014 05:27 PM

Thanx. Now I see there are other downloads besides the firmware update. Do i have to do all of them ? I got this kb around MAR/2007.
ALSO, can I do this on my USB platform rather than SMC ?
Appreciate yr help.

You could update your firmware ONLY using SmartMedia card.
When I have updated my ES6 (2007), you could find SMC on some dedicated sites but price is around $70 for 128Mb SMC.
That’s why I have used a $4 SmartMedia to xD adapter that fits to the SM slot on ES but accepts xD cards that were much
cheaper. I have checked at the site where I have bought both
adapter and card and voila! I found that still SMC of 8Mb could be found for about $29. That is even cheaper a little than to buy both adapter and xD card. Since update size is around 4Mb it is still plenty space on this card. Also, it is recommended by update instructions to use 8Mb to 128Mb card. Although SMC is faster than USB 1.1 on ES, you will probably using only USB sticks.
That’s why you will need SMC only for one update, since there will be no updates for ES in the future.
Hope that I help you.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 10:24 PM
ENOO
Joined  07-05-2008

Still not clear can i update by usb ? OR it must be a SMC ?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Yamaha motif es 6 or Yamaha moxf 6 ?
Next Topic:

please help !! MOTIF ES ››