mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150-AN in Motif Rack"

Posted on: February 09, 2014 @ 07:41 PM
dluther
Total Posts:  8
Joined  11-01-2013

Hi,

I have an original Motif Rack with two PLG150-AN boards installed.

I’ve noticed that the program changes take significantly longer than any other bank. I also have a MU2000 with the PLG150AN/PF/DX cards installed, and this patch change “delay” is not present on this unit.

Has anyone noticed this delay, and is there anything I can do to “fix” it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 04:18 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, but you don’t mention how you are communicating with the PLG150-AN inside the host Motif ES, nor do you mention how you are sending the Program Change.

Are you recalling a Motif-Rack Multi or are you sending individual Bank Select and Program Change events separately to the Motif-Rack internal Parts and the PLG Parts?

Is the PLG150-AN on Port 1? Another Port? Are you using 5-pin MIDI or USB?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 09:37 AM
dluther
Joined  11-01-2013

Bad_Mister,

I’m using an external keyboard controller, sending individual PC messages (0-127) within the “AN” bank. Specifically, I’m selecting the “Bank” switches on the front of the unit to get to the AN board, and sending the program +/- from my keyboard (Roland A-70, if it makes any difference)

In all the “onboard” Motif banks, there is no delay in switching sounds using this method. Also, on the MU2000 when selecting the PLG boards there is no delay. It’s only on the Motif with the AN board/bank selected, there is a delay of just over a full second when issuing PC commands.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2016 @ 01:28 PM
dluther
Joined  11-01-2013

Just wanted to follow up on this thread.

All the PLG modules seem to have this program change lag—the 150DX, AN, and PF as well. This presents in both my Motif Rack as well as my S90ES, however the MU2000EX doesn’t seem to have this strange lag at all.

I’m considering using the 2000EX just to host the 3 PLG150ANs. That would be cool…

[ Ignore ]