mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic Pro X, Yamaha n12 and Motif XS8"

Posted on: January 31, 2014 @ 12:30 PM
newlogicmacman
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-31-2014

Hi,

I have the above mentioned hardware and software. I am trying to set everything up but am having problems.

I used to work with Windows and Cubase, and there I had a better overview of the FW mlan ports etc. Now I am totally lost. Where can I find information? I have tried but I can only find documents that are quite old - nothing looks like the screens in the Motif, in Logic or in Mavericks.

I have installed the FW driver and the Motif XS app, but almost everything about the MIDI ports, the remote function of the n12 and the routing of audio is tricky. Please help? :-)

Kind regards The Newbie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2014 @ 01:30 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I used to work with Windows and Cubase, and there I had a better overview of the FW mlan ports etc. Now I am totally lost. Where can I find information? I have tried but I can only find documents that are quite old - nothing looks like the screens in the Motif, in Logic or in Mavericks.

This should not be surprising as the n12, and Motif XS8 are quite old (2007), while Logic Pro X and/or Mavericks are quite new (or at least several years newer). Why would you anticipate information be found for this combination?

The n12 can work with any DAW but was designed with Steinberg’s Cubase in mind - so you will need to write your own manual for use with Logic Pro X.

If you are using a typical DAW (other than Cubase), you
will be able to do the following.
• Input and output audio signals
• Input and output MIDI messages
• Use remote control to operate the DAW

See page 49 of the n12/n8 Owner’s Manual for using the Console with a DAW other than Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2014 @ 03:41 PM
newlogicmacman
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-31-2014

I have checked the manual and couldn’t find an answer here…

Somewhere I have seen a picture of the setup Logic, Motif and n12. Can’t remember where, unfortunately.

There must be someone in here using Logic Pro X with this “old” Yamaha Motif XS (or maybe XF, suppose they have similar setups) and the n12?

I would like to:
- Input audio signals from voice, guitar etc. on different channels on the n12, record them on different tracks in Logic.
- MIDI-recording of the Motif XS’ sounds in Logic on different MIDI-tracks - and the sound coming back into Logic via the mLan (digital), so I can record it digitally and mix it with everything else.
- Simple remote control of the n12.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2014 @ 05:37 AM
occmed
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-19-2008

I have XS7 and now MacBook Pro &
Logic X. I have started a music degree which will teach Logic, Ableton Live and Protools. However I love my xs7. Would love to set it up with my new gear.

[ Ignore ]