mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "L a t e n c y"

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 01:11 PM
Wolfgang T.
Total Posts:  74
Joined  11-07-2013

Has anyone experiences with latency on the MOXF?

If I play some quick phrases with layer sounds (for example: Piano/Strings)on the keyboard and the polyphony of 128 notes is reached I noticed that there is some latency!

Has anyone similar experiences?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 01:33 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi

Do you really mean actual latency, as in you press a key and the sound is late?

Or do you mean that the notes are simply cutting off?  (because that’s what I would expect to happen when max polyphony is reached)

I have never had any latency issues with a MOXF.  (in terms of notes being late)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 01:42 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Hi,

I mean really actual latency as if i press keys (quickly changes chords) the sounds are late (after reaching the polyphony of 128 notes)!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 01:43 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Wolfgang T. - 16 January 2014 01:11 PM

Has anyone experiences with latency on the MOXF?

If I play some quick phrases with layer sounds (for example: Piano/Strings)on the keyboard and the polyphony of 128 notes is reached I noticed that there is some latency!....

I mean really actual latency as if i press keys (quickly changes chords) the sounds are late (after reaching the polyphony of 128 notes)!

Echoing what philwoodmusic said, exceeding polyphony can often be mistaken for actual latency.

You will hear just what you are describing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 01:50 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

After working many years with Computers and Audio Interfaces, I thing I know what latency really means....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 01:53 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Wolfgang T. - 16 January 2014 01:50 PM

After working many years with Computers and Audio Interfaces, I thing I know what latency really means....

Wolfgang, ultimately only you can decide what you are experiencing.  We are merely trying to point out that what you are describing is exactly to type of result that will occur when you exceed polyphony on a Motif!  Notes will begin to cut-out and/or sounds are delayed.

Nobody is challenging your credentials!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2014 @ 02:01 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Ok.., it is good to know that these things really exist and this is not a failure function of my MOXF...!  - Thank you -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2014 @ 05:42 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Just one more remark on this topic:

After having played on Motif XF the same sound with the same style, I didn’t regonize this problem on this maschine.

Therefore it seems that the the MOTIF XF has a faster processor build in !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2014 @ 09:32 AM
pianokid
Total Posts:  88
Joined  07-05-2008

Hi Wolfgang,

I, too, have experienced what you mentioned, although very infrequently. Happens the same way: short, very percussive type playing of a very short layered phrase so I know it’s not a polyphony issue. I also have an XS and have never seen it happen with that board. It’s almost like the processor or something just can’t respond quick enough. As I said, though, it’s very infrequent, so it hasn’t caused me too much concern. I have the latest OS installed, but I may try to reinstall it if the problem becomes bothersome.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2014 @ 10:21 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Hi Pianokid,

I can also name the sounds where it mostly happen:

“Piano back” (Internal sound)

or

“CF back” (external sound download)

and as you wrote before, it happens while very quick percussive type of playing or according my experiences also by reaching the polyphony ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 04, 2014 @ 05:38 AM
pianokid
Total Posts:  88
Joined  07-05-2008

Yes, the CF piano is present when I encounter the delay also.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 09, 2014 @ 05:11 PM
Cloud9tn
Total Posts:  30
Joined  01-25-2014

Since I found my ‘latency’ issue with the A/D input was due to my own stupidity, the only other latency I have noticed as of yet is the menu delays and switching instruments.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2014 @ 12:45 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

Dear all, I just want to inform you that the above described problem is now solved with the firmware upddate 1.10 !

[ Ignore ]