mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Create use ARP as bender control"

Posted on: January 15, 2014 @ 08:13 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

Hi,
I want to create a trumpet trill/shake effect for my brass section. Whenever I hit strong velocity above 110, then the APR will activate.

Here the steps I tried, but it didn’t work

1) Recording a note with benber control up (+5) (up/down/up/down...simulate like trumpet trill)

2) Go to edit, delete the note, but keep the bender control data

3) Put the track to user ARP

4) Assign that user ARP to performance with velocity above 110.

Nothing happen. It seems the control data haven’t been recorded.

What am I missing?

Any suggestions? thank you.

dcool

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 09:15 AM
dcool
Joined  11-01-2006

No one knows?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2014 @ 02:29 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Hi,
I want to create a trumpet trill/shake effect for my brass section. Whenever I hit strong velocity above 110, then the APR will activate.

Here the steps I tried, but it didn’t work

1) Recording a note with benber control up (+5) (up/down/up/down...simulate like trumpet trill)

2) Go to edit, delete the note, but keep the bender control data

3) Put the track to user ARP

4) Assign that user ARP to performance with velocity above 110.

Nothing happen. It seems the control data haven’t been recorded.

What am I missing?

Any suggestions? thank you.

dcool

Sorry I missed your original post must have been during Winter NAMM madness…

Step 1 is fine use whatever pitch bend range is comfortable for you to execute the “Shake”. Make sure you record at least a full measure… If you intend to hold it for any length of time.

Step 2 - there is no need to delete the note-on event really, as you’ll see, the arp when it is assigned to the Voice will use just the controller data… Whether or not you erase the note-on.

Step 3 - using “Put Track To Arp” use the “Normal” Convert type

Step 4 - assign the Arp to the Part of a Performance, set the pitch bend range of the Part to get the results you desire. Also set the Arp Velocity Range to 110-127 so that the controller movement will be applied only to notes you trigger in excess of 110 velocity.

Step 5 (what you missed, and why you don’t need to erase the Note-on) set the KEY MODE = Direct.
When setting an Arp to use the controller data you want the trumpet as you play it (direct) to sound, you want the PB data in the Arp to be applied to the note you trigger no matter where it is on the keyboard… when you exceed 110 velocity.

KEY MODE = Direct is provided especially for “Control” Category arps. You cannot hear controllers alone… Think about it… You only hear the result of a controller as it is applied to a note-on event that was triggered directly by the keyboard.

Moving the the MW or PB Wheel without triggering a note - the controller data is sent, but, of course, you hear nothing because it is not applied to anything.

In most musical arps that are Note phrases, you do not hear yourself direct. What you hear is the arp phrase triggering the tone engine.

But in “controller” arps you want to hear your direct playing and have the controller data applied (instead of notes) to the note or notes you play direct.

Make sense?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 28, 2014 @ 09:36 AM
dcool
Joined  11-01-2006

You’re so awesome, thanks Bad_Mister ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ The mo8 and an external midi keyboard
Next Topic:

Weird kinda sound when connecting to DAW ››