mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "What are the best sounds to have on xf flash memory?"

Posted on: December 24, 2013 @ 01:57 PM
kaytoe
Total Posts:  72
Joined  06-20-2013

I have ordered 1gb flash memory from thomann website. Model is mutec fmc-06.
Im just wondering if anyone here has flash memory, what sounds/samples do you think are best to have on the flash memory? I have bought alot of libraries of sounds from the shop...but not sure which ones would be the best to store as space is limited.
Any feedback on this would be appreciated. Cheers in advance :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2013 @ 04:39 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The answer is easy. The samples of the voices you like.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2013 @ 04:49 AM
kaytoe
Joined  06-20-2013

Hi bad mister. The problem I have is I have lots of sounds I love and only have a limited 1gb of space. The question I am asking is...what sounds from what libraries deserve to be on my flash...for example...i have vintage keys and 80s pop rock 1 & 2 and some of the sounds on these will make it to my flash and I also have neo soul rhodes and chicks mark v, but I need to select carefully as I want to personalise my keyboard. Any suggestions on best piano, organ, brass sounds etc that you would recommend?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2013 @ 05:57 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

Vintage keys & 80s pop rock 1 & 2 use NO samples, No Flash needed!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2013 @ 03:14 PM
kaytoe
Joined  06-20-2013

Thanks for reply. Is it only sounds that require samples that fit on flash board? I wouldnt mind even having chicks mark v on it, or something that uses samples like decent pianos, organs or brass

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 03:10 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

Yes it,s only voices that uses samples that goes on the Flash.

It,s hard to recommend anything especially since I also await my mutec fmc-06 also from thomann:)
My delivery has been stuck in the export parcel center in Hamburg for 2 days now.
I Hope I get it before the New Year!!.....:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 08:03 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

My advice is to load all your libraries’ samples onto the board unless the total is more than 1 GB. Very few of the libraries provide more then 128MB of samples (and some much less) so you should be able to load as many as 8 into the flash board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 09:42 AM
kaytoe
Joined  06-20-2013

Thanks meatballfunction, I wasnt aware that it was sounds with samples only that you could load onto flash memory. I will be loading in as many sounds as I can.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 04:41 AM
kaytoe
Joined  06-20-2013

My flash has been confirmed as left thomann for postage, so I will have it soon. What piano sound would you recommend that uses samples?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 06:29 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

What kind of music do you play?
You will HAVE TO select your own favorites, don’t rob yourself of this experience.
The recommender of any sound will have different taste than you.
Why remove the FUN?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 11:01 AM
kaytoe
Joined  06-20-2013

I agree totally that’s it really is a matter of preference for what sounds good. I play rock and pop covers and chart music. I also do gigs with a wedding/party band. I’m looking for a realistic sounding piano. I have a Yamaha p120 and love the main piano sound on it, something like that which resembles a real piano sound without sounding thin or honkytonk like, would be what I like the sound of. I was looking for recommendations as I have a lot of sounds and wanted to see if anyone on here has found a hidden gem of a piano sound and could point me in the right direction.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Save only one voice in USB on motif ES
Next Topic:

enigma flute voice ››