mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Firmware update for the MX - Output volume increased"

Posted on: October 22, 2013 @ 08:51 PM
Synthetic
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-29-2013

I just checked for updates and found that the USB driver and Firmware have been updated for the MX in the last two days. I got the new Firmware flashed and it works great. The increase in output volume is welcome, especially if you don’t want to use or have access to John Mela’s editor as well as those who just want to up everything across the board with ease.

download.yamaha.com

Firmware changes:

V1.00 to V1.01
- Raised the volume of the OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] jacks and the [PHONES] jack by 6dB.
- Added a “Performance Direct Select” function in which you can switch the Performance number directly by pressing the [SHIFT] button and the Voice Category button simultaneously in the Performance Select display. While this function is enabled, you can change the performance number simply by pressing the Voice Category button, without needing to press the [SHIFT] button.
- Solved some other minor problems.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 01:41 PM
jazzmann620
Total Posts:  8
Joined  04-08-2013

How do I install it

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 01:52 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Installation:

Download the data
Unzip the file
Transfer the file to a USB stick you use with your MX

The other instructions are included with the download, please read through them completely… Then you will know what to expect.

On the second read through follow the instructions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 02:19 PM
Dreamchilde
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-06-2013

Thanks for the heads up!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 03:38 PM
YorkshireLakeside
Total Posts:  46
Joined  06-15-2013

Excellent update; the volume is much better now, even when recording in Cubase.

Thanks for the update Yamaha it is appreciated.

Not sure I understand the ‘performance direct select’ - I must be doing something wrong.. or I’ve got the wrong end of the stick!

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 23, 2013 @ 08:53 PM
Dreamchilde
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-06-2013
YorkshireLakeside - 23 October 2013 03:38 PM

Not sure I understand the ‘performance direct select’ - I must be doing something wrong.. or I’ve got the wrong end of the stick!

Thanks.

I get it, and I’m enjoying it. In fact, I’m kind of hoping that a “Part direct select” isn’t far behind. For that matter, direct dialing a preset number could theoretically be done with the category buttons.

If I can make another respectful suggestion: it would be great to page through more than just part 1 and 2 by using the up/down buttons. It’s clear you guys are going to open up this baby down the line with more updates. I can’t wait to see what you all do.

Kudos!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2013 @ 02:18 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

This firmware update is more than welcomed from all the forum users that argued about low output level. The included instructions are straightforward and the update was a piece of cake. This shows that Yamaha respects its customers. Anyway, after the update there is a noticeable output level increase in headphones output but still I have to pump up the volume almost at the end in order to get a good level. One would expect a more drastic result with the claimed 6dbs increase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2013 @ 10:41 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Why would one expect more from a 6dB boost… ?  +6dB is exactly 6dB… Perhaps your expectations are amiss. Remember output level is also affected by your velocity, in many cases.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2013 @ 12:51 PM
YorkshireLakeside
Total Posts:  46
Joined  06-15-2013
Dreamchilde - 23 October 2013 08:53 PM
YorkshireLakeside - 23 October 2013 03:38 PM

Thanks.

I get it, and I’m enjoying it. In fact, I’m kind of hoping that a “Part direct select” isn’t far behind. For that matter, direct dialing a preset number could theoretically be done with the category buttons.

If I can make another respectful suggestion: it would be great to page through more than just part 1 and 2 by using the up/down buttons. It’s clear you guys are going to open up this baby down the line with more updates. I can’t wait to see what you all do.

Kudos!

Nope, I couldn’t get the performance direct select to work last night… however, I’ve tried it again today and it’s fine. Not sure what I was doing, it must have been too late and ready for bed.

Cool feature.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2013 @ 11:08 PM
mr5x5
Total Posts:  37
Joined  05-04-2013

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I have some user voices stored so I save all the data currently on my MX49 to the flash drive as an .X5A

Then I do the firmware update to system 1.01.

If after the update, I re-load the .X5A file that I saved before the update, will the re-loaded voices now be 6db louder? Or by reloading the old X5A file from before the update, am I losing the benefit of the update? Should I only reload “All without SYS” ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

You Voices will be +6dB louder.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2013 @ 10:34 AM
b2projects
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-03-2013

Hi !

I do the firmware update .
i try to plug the mx on ipad with camera kit and .. nothing .. 
I make update on ipad too ..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2013 @ 04:43 PM
hisdudeness
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-20-2011

Does anyone uses his MX49/61 via CCK with an iPad with iOS 7.xx? I’ve just updated my iPad from iOS6 to iOS7 today and now my MX49 isn’t recognized anymore on my iPad.
Does the MX firmware update fix that?

Thanks!
HD

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 29, 2015 @ 08:18 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010
Dreamchilde - 23 October 2013 08:53 PM

I get it, and I’m enjoying it. In fact, I’m kind of hoping that a “Part direct select” isn’t far behind.

What are you looking for that the “Part Select” button doesn’t currently do?

[ Ignore ]