mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS start up problem"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 06:35 AM
ak5000
Total Posts:  7
Joined  11-13-2011

Hey guys
my Motif Xs wont boot it got stuck on yamaha emblem and the rotating circle also stuck .. i searched this great forum for threads related to tht found a solution which was to update keyboard O.S. to 1.6 i did tht got message to turn of motif xs but after restarting it was still stuck it wont boot… guys i would have contacted local yamaha service center but this so called “local” service center is 3500 km away from my city . so guys help me and yes i have also installed 1 GB DIMM RAM
thnk u

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 06:41 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

As a first step, I would suggest removing the DIMMs and see if the XS will fully boot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 07:04 AM
ak5000
Joined  11-13-2011

Thank u 5pinDIN .
I removed DIMM’s but it still stuck . Does temperature have anything to do with it ? Its 40 degree celsius in here and my air conditioning system is not working ....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 07:48 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

An ambient temperature of 40C (104F) is high, and the internal temperature of your XS after running would likely be somewhat higher. That might cause a problem. If the humidity is also high, that could be a factor as well. Do you know the humidity percentage?

Which screen is the XS getting stuck on? Is it the one that shows the logo (three tuning forks) and Yamaha name at the top, and “MOTIF XS” near the middle? How much time (in seconds) does it take from the time you turn on the XS until the display freezes?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 08:23 AM
ak5000
Joined  11-13-2011

Humidity is around 61% and yeah the same screen u said ..and it takes about 31 second after tht the rotating ring freezes thus keyboard freezes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 08:55 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

My own XS6, which functions normally, takes about 34 seconds to boot. Since your XS is freezing at about 31 seconds, it’s happening near the end of the boot cycle. That’s around the time of USB detection and mLAN activation.

Does your XS have mLAN (it’s standard with the XS8, optional with XS6 or XS7)? If so, and you have an XS6/7, try removing the mLAN16E2 (or FW16E) - with power off, of course - and see if the boot completes.

Also, if you have anything other than audio cables attached to the XS (USB cable, flash drive, etc.), try disconnecting them.

I’ve occasionally seen problems when temperature/humidity are high, especially if the pc boards have contaminants (dust/dirt/etc.) on them. If nothing simple seems to help, I’d try to find an air conditioned place, if possible, before further troubleshooting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 09:24 AM
ak5000
Joined  11-13-2011

I too own motif XS6 and i have not installed mlan card i have tried all that. It seems that now I will have to try cleaning PCB now . Still you helped very much thank u very much i will update if anything happens .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 09:49 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome, but before you go further, please see the Private Message I will send you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 10:32 AM
ak5000
Joined  11-13-2011

Hi i dont know if u have received my message or not because i dont know if it is actually sent or not . By the way thank u very very much u have been lot of help thnx :-)
P.s. sorry for my English my native language is Hindi

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2013 @ 11:00 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I have received and just now replied to your PM.

Your English is fine - my Hindi would not be. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2013 @ 02:05 AM
ak5000
Joined  11-13-2011

Hi
After running the test mode the result was ok but one test didnt go well the USB to HOST test was negative ....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2013 @ 04:41 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
ak5000 - 01 May 2013 02:05 AM

Hi
After running the test mode the result was ok but one test didnt go well the USB to HOST test was negative ....

That test requires connecting the USB “TO DEVICE” port to the “TO HOST” port, using a USB A-B type cable. Did you make that connection before running the test? (If you didn’t connect the ports together, the result will be “NG”.)

If the ports were properly connected when the test was run, then it appears that there’s a problem related to USB operation. As I wrote above, ”Since your XS is freezing at about 31 seconds, it’s happening near the end of the boot cycle. That’s around the time of USB detection and mLAN activation.”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2013 @ 03:52 PM
josegahumada
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-03-2013

hello i have the same problem but worse ! same same issue here but when i use Demo mode or safe sorry i dont remeber the name ( iam talking about when you start the keyboard holding rec and remote) the keyboard logo stays there for a about five minutes and then goes to ablankscreen ... all of this happened when i Upraded the firmware ! help help help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2013 @ 03:56 PM
josegahumada
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-03-2013
josegahumada - 03 May 2013 03:52 PM

hello i have the same problem but worse ! same same issue here but when i use test mode ( iam talking about when you start the keyboard holding rec and remote) the keyboard logo stays there for a about five minutes and then goes to a blank screen ... all of this happened when i Upgraded the firmware ! help help help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2013 @ 05:46 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
josegahumada - 03 May 2013 03:52 PM

hello i have the same problem but worse ! same same issue here but when i use Demo mode or safe sorry i dont remeber the name ( iam talking about when you start the keyboard holding rec and remote) the keyboard logo stays there for a about five minutes and then goes to ablankscreen ... all of this happened when i Upraded the firmware ! help help help!

Have you tried reinstalling the OS update? If that doesn’t work, download and install this old version: http://www.motifator.com/storage/coverart/moxs112.zip

Once the old version is installed (even if it doesn’t complete), again try to install the latest update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 12, 2015 @ 03:04 AM
AC77
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-25-2007

Even though the last posts on this issue are quite old… Yet not for me. Had a similar problem with my XS7 last saturday. On stage. At time of line check… System did not start up.

Thankfully I’ve found a colleague not far away from the venue who helped me out with his XS8.

Symptoms / first analysis, next day:
- system doesn’t boot
- system doesn’t even enter diagnostic mode (press “Record” and “Remote On/Off” buttons when powering the device on) - the display only shows a colourful Motif XS logo but no menu at all
- it’s not the DIMM
- firmware update seems to be possible (press “[] (arrow up)” and “Utility” when powering on the device)

Solution (THANK YOU 5pinDIN!):
I luckily was able to re-install the latest firmware 1.60 on the XS.
Having installed it, the system starts up normally.

In my gig bag I now have a dedicated thumb drive with the firmware image…

(http://download.yamaha.com/search/detail/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16244&category_id2=16392&product_id=106376&asset_file_language=EN&asset_id=21001)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2