mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "384 free Yamaha MOX voices"

Page 1 of 5
Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 08:18 PM
Music_and_artman
Total Posts:  73
Joined  10-12-2007

384 free Yamaha MOX voices

Here you go. Here are 384 free Yamaha MOX voices for your use; The PSC Songwriters Collection - sonorous, colorful and playable voices that are especially suited for songwriting in music genres of rock, R & B, folk, pop, jazz, new age and film music.

The PSC Songwriters Collection are a huge collection of new, unique sounds for your Yamaha MOX. Use them as you like! They are all created on a Motif XS and then converted into MOX format.

Much energy and many hundred hours of effort are put into creating the Songwriters Collection soundset, so I hope it will be useful and inspiring for you. Enjoy using the voices!

Greetings Music_and_artman

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Comments are appreciated, they keeps the thread alive.  If you download please feel free to post a comment - I would like to know how you experience my voices.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File Attachments
PSC SongWriters Collection MOX.zip  (File Size: 610KB - Downloads: 12102)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 08:40 PM
Progger_Man
Total Posts:  113
Joined  01-10-2012

Tried to extract all the files from the compressed file, but it stated that the compressed file is empty.  So it doesn’t work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 08:41 PM
geebake
Total Posts:  21
Joined  02-21-2013

Aaaaargh!

I haven’t even gotten a chance to try all the native sounds yet! Then I bought the Symphony and Vintage Keys collection which totally filled up my empty banks. Now you present me with another batch that I have nowhere to put and no time to try! Evil!

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Thanks! Can’t wait to get home and try these out.

Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 08:43 PM
geebake
Joined  02-21-2013

It extracted fine for me Progger. Maybe you should try downloading it again?

Grrrr. If only I was in the same place as my MOX!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 09:02 PM
Progger_Man
Joined  01-10-2012

Now it worked. Thanks a lot man. Free sounds, can’t get any better than this.

BTW, since I’ve never loaded anything onto my MOX8 (other than update it), how do you load voices into it?  Or could I load the voices into a USB stick and just play them while I have it connected? 

Would appreciate someone’s help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 09:09 PM
geebake
Joined  02-21-2013

Great question. I don’t know if you can play them without loading them into a bank but sure would like to.

The process for loading them into a bank is pretty straight forward. I’m not at my MOX so I can’t outline it exactly, but will when I get home. Very easy when you get the hang of it and quick too.

Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 09:40 PM
bgrosse
Total Posts:  465
Joined  07-06-2009

Thank you very much for these voices and the PDF files that go with them.

Best Regards,

Bill G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 10:11 PM
geebake
Joined  02-21-2013

OK,

Here’s basic instructions for loading into a MOX. I’m using a MOX6 but I assume the process is identical for a MOX8

BACKUP ANYTHING IMPORTANT!

THIS WILL OVERRIGHT THE USER BANK(S) ON YOUR MOX. Not might, not maybe. IT WILL. I take no responsibility for any lost data.

I believe a factory reset will restore the original settings of the user banks so you won’t lose that and those are just copies anyway. But if you’re create custom patches, beware! They WILL be overwritten if you copy over them.

BACKUP ANYTHING IMPORTANT!

Did I mention that you should backup anything important?

1. Unzip the package and place the PSC_SWR1.X4V file in the root of your USB stick. Meaning just open the card and drop it in. Don’t put it in a folder.

2. Connect USB stick.

3. Press the ‘File’ button on the MOX.

4. By default, I believe the ‘Type’ will be listed as ‘ALL’. Use the data wheel to scroll down to ‘1BankVoice’

In the box on the right side of the window, you should see the PSC_SWR1.X4V file.

5. Arrow over till that file is selected.

6. Hit Enter.

You should now see ‘User 1’, ‘User 2’ ‘User 3’ and ‘User Drum’ in the window.

7. Select ‘User 1’

8. Press ‘Enter’

9. Arrow back to the left and down where it may say ‘USR1’, ‘USR2’ or ‘USR3’.

10. Use the data wheel to select whichever destination you prefer. For simplicities sake, I’m going to assume you select ‘USR1’

11. Press ‘SF1’ button to execute the load. Takes about 30 seconds on my MOX. Speed could vary with higher or lower quality USB sticks but I think all will be in that range.

12. Go back and complete the same process for the other 2 banks - copying ‘User 2’ to ‘USR2’ and ‘User 3’ to ‘USR3’

I haven’t read the pdf attached to this yet but you may need to do the same thing for the drum patches (if there are any)

ALTERNATIVELY.

You don’t have to copy any entire bank. In step 4 you could chose ‘Voice’ instead of ‘1BankVoice’. You are then presented with a list of voices in the chosen bank and later a list of voices in the bank where you are going to store these.

That procedure seems to work just dandy on my MOX. I am pretty new with the MOX though so I could have something wrong. I don’t think so though.

If anything there is unclear, post questions and I’ll try to answer. This is easier than I’m making it sound. I’m just trying to thoroughly explain each step.

Best of luck and thanks again for posting these voices!

Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2013 @ 11:06 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

A file with the extension .X4V is an ALL VOICE file, if you prefer to load them all in one operation:
Place your MOX in VOICE mode.

Press [FILE]
Press [F3] LOAD
Set the TYPE = ALL VOICE
Move the cursor to the DIRECTORY (right side of the screen)
Use the DATA WHEEL or INC button to highlight the FILE NAME.
Press [SF1] EXEC to execute.

AUDITIONING without LOADING is possible with the proper FILE TYPE
If you want to AUDITION the Voices without loading them, you can use the “MOX6/MOX8 Standalone / VST Editor” and you must have the data in a .X4E file format (that is the MOX Editor format), not a .X4V file - once loaded to the MOX you can SAVE

This (Free) Editor is available for the official Yamaha download site:

http://download.yamaha.com

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2013 @ 07:02 AM
Andy M
Total Posts:  75
Joined  10-16-2012
Music_and_artman - 01 March 2013 08:18 PM

384 free Yamaha MOX voices

Very generous of you.

Thank you Sir :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2013 @ 01:59 PM
eric_B
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-28-2013

Per, thanks!

Very cool to share all those voices.
And the pro looking pdf file with data list completes it.

Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 02, 2013 @ 05:23 PM
mortonsk
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-28-2012

Thank you so much!  These voices are great!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2013 @ 09:52 AM
Jaap
Total Posts:  62
Joined  07-20-2007

Wauw, this is really great, not only a kind of a new MOX : ) but also a demonstration of the possibilities of sound editing. Thanks!!

Bye,
Jaap.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2013 @ 07:32 PM
Progger_Man
Joined  01-10-2012

To Bad Mister.  I’d definitely like to Audition the sounds before loading them into my MOX8; however, how do I change the .X4V file to a .X4E file as you stated? I already have the Standalone/VST Editor. Would appreciate your response.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2013 @ 09:56 PM
keramox
Total Posts:  55
Joined  11-17-2012

Thank you very much!Great voices!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2013 @ 10:15 AM
Andy M
Total Posts:  75
Joined  10-16-2012

Just going through these now.

Can’t stop playing…

There are some truly great patches here.

The pianos… Oh man..!

And the e-pianos… Love ‘em!

“PSC SerSphere” Bb maj 7 to Eb maj 7… Yeah, I know it’s a corny change, but it sounds so wonderful.

This is a very generous gift and I appreciate your time and effort.

A thousand thanks.

I see you’re from Denmark.  I played there a few times in my gigging days - Skanderborg Music Festival was a very memorable gig.  Wish I could buy you a beer.

CHEERS..!

:)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 5